Sell! SELL!! avatar.

Guest gabbyrahwr

Guest gabbyrahwr

For the avatar, could you just buy 1m worth of stocks and then view your portfolio, then sell it all back immediately and get back your 1m?

Yeah, you should be able to buy enough shares of an expensive stock to have over 1m invested. I know people who got the avatar by buying shares of KSON and then selling them right back :laughingsmiley:

Ah, really? The person I know who bought KSON had a bit invested already, and KSON wasn't as high back then, so i guess she only bought enough to get enough for the av

You can! I waited until just before 12am NST to buy the most stocks I could, then bought the rest when it turned into a new day. I immediately viewed my portfolio, got the avvie and sold everything ^_^

You can only buy 1,000 shares each day. How much you want to spend on those shares is up to you. If you want to buy an expensive stock and hope you can sell it before it goes down, then go for it! From the others, it sounds like that's totally possible. Good luck!

Guest gabbyrahwr

Well considering it's just an avatar I'm simply trying to get out of the way and not really profit from or anything, I think I'll just do that and buy 1k of ones that are 1000. ;p Thanks everyone!

I've recently started buying stocks for this avatar as well. Are some stocks really better than others? I assumed there was generally no rhyme or reason to the neopian stock market since its trends are fabricated and not actually tied to anything within the neopets economy. It'd be interesting to be able to plan my investment better. I'd rather not lose money on this avatar. There are enough of those out there already!