Post Counts

Piticent

Hello, TDN! If you delete a post, does your post count go down?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Native).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Native if you have any questions regarding this action.

You can't delete posts?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Normal members cannot delete posts, to my knowledge. Testing it out just now on one of my posts, however, I have found that a deleted post is not subtracted from your post count.

Normal members cannot delete posts, to my knowledge. Testing it out just now on one of my posts, however, I have found that a deleted post is not subtracted from your post count.

This does not mean that you are allowed to post nonsense for the sake of post count...but for curiosity's sake, your post count stays the same.

Guest iYoshinho

A couple of things first.

1.Regular members cannot delete posts no matter the rank (Only staff can)

2.Although there is an option to have the post count automatically go down upon post deletion in the Admin CP, in this case chances are it is set to no.

3.This does not change the fact that post recounts can occur. If Ian or another board administrator(if they have access to the admin cp) starts a post reset process, all posts on the forum will be fixed and all members post counts will also be fixed to the actual post count. So even if a post is deleted and the count remains, a post count will make the deleted post count towards your post count thus lowering it from that time.

Do you get it?