Cosplay!

webpixie

ok so i plan on selling at a local anime convention(akon) and when i go i want to dress up..

so i need ideas of charicters to cosplay, preferably with nothing too hard of a costume. and im really hoping someone can think of someone who has my style of hair so that i dont have todo a wig(if i cant find someone with that then i will most likely be a generic Haibane or a moogle idea that a friend and i came up with)

my hair is red in the front(from about ears forword) and dark brown in the back so could easily pass fo brown or black.. so anyone know someone that fits that?

without those hair options an all bright red or all brown/black would be close enough as well...

as a side topic have any of yall done cosplay? andif so as who? (id love to see photos of anyone has some of themselves) this will be my first time do a specific person altho i have dressed EGL (Eligant Gothic Lolita)before as i love the style.

A classic is always a chubby Pikachu, or the Naruto dudes/chicks. Japanese people always seem to float towards RPGs...

ok but your jsut suggesting genertic things, not someone with the hair style im looking for... oh im also not against doing people from video games or anything, just hoping for somthing with the same har as me to start with..

i dont really care about getting that specific with hair, just the coloring

well im lucky enough to live in the area of one of the most popular cons(this will be their 18th year). there are also smaller ones held in my area. i figured cosplay is up my ally since i like making stuff and love dressing up, never too old for a pair of faerie wings(yes i do make them myself along with other stuffles)

yes and no, i just think it would be cool to have my current hair style fit the charicter(since my hair gets me lotso f attention as is) otherwise i would just pick someone i love. i would kill to go as the girl in my signature but i cant sew that well and a lolita dress like that would cost atleast a couple hundred. if i cant find someone with similar hair ill either go as a Haibane(kinda angel looking but not angels) or a moogle as that can be a very abstract costume, or was also thinkign of cross-playing the guy thats in my sig ^_^ cause then i can wear normal style close and carry my camera around, even tho little to know one would get it, lol. only other charicter i would love would be one of the 2 main people from desert punk but any costume like that would be way too hot and ackaward to wear while trying to sell stuff..

LOL

thats awesome!

so lets see, ill suggest some anime and see if you like any XD

umm

trinity blood....love hina....fruits basket....ranma 1/2

...cardcaptor sakura...tenchi muyo...sailor moon...full moon

will anyone in those work? xD

i dont know becuase i dont know charicters from those(well most of them) do any of them havethe hairsyle/coloring im looking for?

umm well if theres like black hair,

it would be...

lets see...well tohru from fruits basket has brown hair,

and she wears a school uniform most of the time...

ill explain more later...time running out...

ok but do you know anyone that has red hair inthe front and black or brown hair in the back?

hmmm

let me think....*thinks*

aw sorry i cant think of anyone with

hair like that...but for some reason i keep thinking

of a spiky haired person that has somewhat like it...but

i cant remember...weird o_O

It's really hard to give ideas when you won't tell us what you look like beyond what color your hair is. What body type do you have? How long is your hair? What color are your eyes/can you get colored contacts? What shows have you seen/do you like? What type of clothing are you comfortable/uncomfortable wearing? How much sewing experience do you have?

I saw Trinity Blood suggested but would advise you to not cosplay from Trinity Blood if you don't have extensive amounts of sewing experience or the results won't be pretty. I've been sewing and making costumes since I was 10 (I'm 20 now) and even I'm intimidated by some of the designs from that show. Unfortunately, I don't know of any characters with hair like that, since I would assume it's easier to be consistent with a character whose hair is only one color. I would honestly advise picking a character you like that suits your personality and body type, and buying a wig to go with your costume. Then again, I'm a huge stickler for costume accuracy.

Besides, it's generally considered bad form to cosplay a character you know nothing about, so we need to know a bit more than you're telling us if we are to offer any worthwhile suggestions.

i would give more details if i could find more then one with one thing i am looking for. and the con isnt until june, i plained on learning bout the charicter and show if i didnt know them, thats what netflix is for, heh.

and as i said if i cant find one with that hair color then i will more then likly end up with one of hte ideas floating in my head for simple charicters that i like. after all without my hair then it would have to be that hair dosnt matter, or possibly all dark brown if i decide to dye it back to normal by then, which i doubt will happen since ive had it like this for a couple years now.

altho it sounding like my boyfriend might go as Urahara Kisuke, need to get him a pair of geta to practice in within the next couple months, heh.

Maybe I'm just partial to wigs... (There should be a sweatdropping smiley here...) They're probably my favorite part of cosplay because I like my hair. I have short spikey hair with longer bangs (chin length), and I like to keep it that way, but with a wig I can cosplay just about whatever character I want, no matter what color or style their hair is - I don't have to limit myself based on my hair ^_^ . My eye color, on the other hand, is a different story since I can't get contacts, much less colored ones. I have found one character that I can do with my normal hair, but I don't know anything about her yet and won't get to watch the series she's from for a while because it's not licensed in the US yet that I know of.

ah thas when you just goto youtube or peer to peer programs

i dont mind much any other accessories but i hate full wigs, my head tends to get itchy as is without wearing a wig for 3 full days. i have no prob with pony falls in fact their a regular accessories of mine as is.. now that i think about it i rarely even wear hats..