Underdoggers, why?

Mireia

I root for TY since my first AC (ACIII) So this is my fourth year with them.

Why do I like them? Because being a small team makes you feel more important inside the group, because we are so few, every score counts. I like how all small teas are full of nice people, and you manage to get to know all of them...

And also because I love Dinos :woot:

But the question is, why do you choose a team like that?

I used to go for Faerieland when I was younger because I had some strange obsession with them. XD Obviously it's not there anymore or I wouldn't be calling it a strange obsession, but back when I was younger I'd pick them every time even if they didn't really have a shot 'cause I was so attached to the team.

Not that back then my scores helped. D; I might have single-handedly buried my own team by doing low-effort stuff. XP

This is my very first time participating AC, so I had a real hard time thinking of which team to pick. Eventually I followed what many experienced players had said; "Choose the team you're passionate for, not because you think they might win."

Magma is by far my most favorite pet color, when I found out my account's pool timer, I turned two of my pets into Magma two weeks in a row. XD

And for those reasons somehow are what driven me to choosing Moltara. I could care less whether it's one of the worst or the best team - I feel strongly for it, and didn't regret my decision one bit. :king:

My reasons are similar to Neo_Girl's. I have a real affinity for Moltara, so I decided to join them this year. I know that we are pretty much the biggest underdog in the Cup this year, but I don't care. I'm in this to have fun and fight for the team that I'm passionate about and if I can help drive my team to victory than that will make me happy to be a Neopian.

I always thought Kikos were cute, I never knew Kiko Lake was an underdog team though. I usually like to root for small or remote lands like Maraqua, Roo Island, Kreludor, Jelly World, or Geraptiku, but sadly, my favorites were not in the league so I choose Kiko Lake mostly because it's a place people don't often visit and I really like Kikos :)

• 2 weeks later...

When I was little I watched my brother play noepets. He told me about the altador cup I said I was going to join Terror Mountain since that was the only place I knew but the first year I joined (altador cup 3) I was put in altador so this is my 3rd year with TM.

I think its nice being in a small fan base. It feels like you know the people in it better and that your scores count a lot more. I haven't always supported TM but I can't imagine supporting anyone else in the future, heh.

Well for the first time ever V-pets isn't so much of an underdog, but we certainly always have been.

No one expected us to have this kind of success, and I don't think the stronger teams really think we can win it.

I picked Virtupets originally because it was the only team with an Xweetok, and I am obsessed with Xweetoks.

I've stayed with them year after year because I love my teammates and the support graphics (slogans and colors).

Unless there was a year when V-pets was out for some reason, I can't imagine ever playing for anyone else.

The first year I signed up (AC IV), I didn't think to check team records...I just picked a team I thought was cool. I had my eye on Faerieland and Darigan Citadel among others, but I settled with Terror Mountain for a couple reasons:

-I like ice spells in videogames. :)

-The only team with an Aisha (my favorite species) and she's the captain!

-I sort of like the isolated nature of Terror Mountain. So snowy and chilly and....cool. (sorry for the pun).

So I signed up. I didn't play seriously that first year, but I decided to enter again the next year and went with Terror Mountain since that was my previous team. I caught the bug then and played way more games, getting my rank up to Lv. 8 (I think). I saw them doing well and I felt such a rush of pride (no one will be able to take our 36-0-2 record in SOSD from us!!).

Now it's my third year and yes, I went with Terror Mountain again without so much as a second thought. I love this team and I really want to push Terror Mountain to an AC win! I think the only way I'd switch teams is if the AC went back to the old format where one team sat out each year and that team was Terror Mountain (maybe an avalanche keeping the team from getting there?). If I had to choose another team for that reason, I'd go with the Citadel or Maraqua or HW or even Moltara. But I'd be wishing I could play Terror Mountain the whole time! :)

I chose altador simply because I felt a kinship with the land. I loved the plot, and I love the style of the team. I'm not set on winning, although my stats aren't complete rubbish. I just enjoy the competition.

If I wanted to join a team that I thought would win it would probably be Virtupets. I love the overwhelming support they have, and the color scheme doesn't burn my eyes like some do (*ahem* Faerieland *ahem*).

I joined LD out of loyalty. However I originally joined them because I lurked on a few of the team chat boards way back when and realized the people are nice. They make you feel welcome whether you decide to join LD or not. Plus, I really like the whole Egyptian theme.

I did Lost Desert for my first and second years, because my gelert was painted like that and it just seemed fitting (and was a team I liked). Did TM the time before this time because my friend was on it and I honestly didn't care about the altador cup that year. I've always wanted to join VP (it was the team that I felt like I fit in the best) but since I wanted to win so bad I could never join a team that did as bad as them. This year (my first year back to neopets/AC) I joined them because I decided that I don't care about winning as much as having fun... but I guess VP isn't an underdogger any more... so yeah. :P

Is Shenkuu an underdog? If it is, then I chose it because A) I love how it is related to the Asian ethnicity b) b- My friend wanted me to C) I loovvveee doing the Lunar Calendar! I rock at it. I get it right almost every single time.