Getting Contacts

Piticent

I have glasses right now, and i think their fine, but my show choir director says i have to get contacts :(. I don't know what to think. i dont haved them yet but their's something about the idea of poking them into your eye that bothers me... opinions?

Unless you have super sensitive eyes, or can't even stomach the idea of touching your eyes, I'd recommend at least trying them out.

Plus, you might see if you're ready. I went to my eye doctor and tried contacts early into HS, but I couldn't do it. They made my eyes burn and water and I couldn't put them in myself. I waited about a year, and tried again, and it was fine.

Contacts were the best thing to happen to me. Until recently (I lost my glasses and had to wear my contacts 24/7 for 8 months, so my eyes got tired on contacts, so I've been wearing my new glasses only.) I'd wear my contacts constantly. I'd only wear my glasses one night a week, when I gave my eyes a break from the contacts.

The biggest pros for contacts for me was:

I could wear sunglasses while driving.

Less headaches. (Due to the lenses being on my eyes, which is better for my condition, and no pressure from the frames.)

No slipping or fogging with frames/lenses.

Just general appearance. I prefer myself without them.

Ease. I had the type I could sleep in, so it was very low effort to maintain.

When I was younger I wore contacts 24/7. But as I got older my eyes became less tolerant. I can't keep any in for more than a couple of hours now. I miss them.

Like Spritzie said, at least give them a try. It's weird at first but give them a chance.

They could be extremely useful, but I'm quite squeamish about them myself. I don't like the idea of sticking something into my eyes, and I imagine it would hurt a lot. But for some people it's extremely easy. Unless you are totally against them, giving them a shot couldn't hurt. =3

• 2 weeks later...

Give them a try, and don't expect them to feel great the first time you wear them.

I say try them for at least a week.

It took me awhile to get used to them. At first I absolutely dreaded putting them in my eyes every morning, but now I seriously can not live without them.

I hate wearing glasses now.

I think trying them first is the best option. Since contacts can give a lot of advantages when it comes to freedom. Even myself is currently wear contacts and it does sting your eyes at the beginning(can't forget the first time wearing them which ended up with hilarity). Anyway, just take good care not to wear contacts under several conditions:

-Hot places(like barbeque or a camp fire)

-Swimming

-When doing laboratory experiments(especially when involving chemicals)

• 2 months later...

The only thing I have to say about contacts is the cost price attached to them - I'm not sure how much everyone else buys them for buy it's $40 a pack of 3 pairs of contacts (each lasts for 2 weeks), so that's about $320 a year when a pair of glasses is probably half the price and will last you at least a year.

The other thing is if you keep them in for too long your eyes can be irritated and dry, as well as the bothersome routine of cleaning them and storing them etc.

They do bring a lot of advantages though. The main reason I wear them is because I look quite geeky with glasses on lol :O

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.