Yooyuball 2.0

Piticent

Is there ANYBODY out there besides me that likes this new yooyuball better than the old one? I mean this one still has its flaws, but in the old version I couldn't take my player across the field without my cursor switching to another player...

Read through the instruction manual. Ever since I've done that, the game has been pretty easy :graduated:

I actually am starting to kinda like it, to tell y'all the truth :P

I'm getting better at it now after a few hours of playing. But I still hate it.

Using a mouse was so much easier!

Why can't TNT update things that NEED updating - say the Premium Portal and the Battledome, which have been old and ugly for years!

I personally love the new Yooyuball, far more than the old one.

The old Yooyuball annoyed and bored me to no end, I could barely bring myself to play it at all and was horrible at it.

The new Yooyuball, however, I find to be far easier, more fun and more enjoyable. Not to mention I'm pretty good at it as well.

The most goals I've been able to get is 11 (compared to the old one, where I could barely get 1) and my best score so far is 0-8.

My main problem right now is the goalie, and I think they should add a feature where you can switch to him manually.

I don't like the new Yooyuball as games and the arrow keys are my downfall. I was never any good at the game so I think I will just try to make up numbers for my team with the side games..

in the old version I couldn't take my player across the field without my cursor switching to another player...

Then your steering was the complete opposition to mine. As soon as my mouse was locked to one player it didn't let loose anymore no matter how often I hovered it over other players. A bit impractical if I wanted to use the goalie.

I'm getting used to the game but I still dislike it. Only playing it to be support for my team. The old game I liked (else I would just have played for the Neopoints) but this one gets annoying too fast. Besides it's taking too much time and is a worst case scenario of slowliness on old computers/laptops.

Besides it's taking too much time and is a worst case scenario of slowliness on old computers/laptops.

I can see how it is. This one seems like it has better graphics, animations, etc...

My main problem right now is the goalie, and I think they should add a feature where you can switch to him manually.

I definatley agree. Half the time, my opponent is about to shoot, I go down with a player thats above the shooter and it auto switches to the goalie right at the shot...end result: the goalie goes down and the yooyu goes in. Its very frustrating

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I like it. 10 goals easily every time, before the AI hax sets in.

Hold down your forward directional key before the round starts, and you'll beat the computer to the ball. A novel concept! Then just meander your way to the goal thing, shoot, and if the goalie catches the ball, just spam spacebar to intercept it. If you're having problems with the NPCs stealing the ball, remember that you can grab it back with the spacebar when facing them. Always choose the formation with the single lead player.

Managing your own goalie is the only real problematic bit, but the ball should rarely be on your side of the field anyway.

I didn't find it /horrible/ but it is certainly different. true I'm not scoring quite as easily but I think as long as one puts the time into creating a new strategy for the new format, the system will work a little smoother.

With the old version, it was pretty easy. I got bored with it after a couple weeks in but this new version is now a lot more fast paced~ kind of a bummer for older computer systems since the lag will be horrific. I'm going to give this new version a fighting chance in being a new and exciting generation of yooyuball.

It's weird how we can't switch to the player we want. Half the time I wanna control the new guy on Maraqua, and when I try to pass it's stolen. Then the Practice Team goes and gets around my goalie 'cause I never know when it is gonna switch to him, or stay on the player I'm already controlling! :grrr:

• 3 weeks later...

There're some flaws but I like the new one way better it has much better graphics and has more options(shooting power, tackling, powerups).

I really like the new version. I was ticked at first because it's such a popular game, so I didn't understand why they would change it.

However, now that I've played with it for a big, I realized that I was never very good a yooyuball, and I think the new version is way easier!

Since I've only played YYB the past two years and I cant remember what the differences are between them, my only complaints this year are 1- the inability to switch team mates which can cause advantages for the other team, especially since I can never really seem to control the goalie much, and 2- recently many the times when I try to steal the ball, no matter how many times I hit the space bar it wont register to slide. Not a lag in the game because I dont have the problem when I hit the space bar to get ready to shoot it works fine. And the other team seems to have no problem sliding consecutively all over the place. Overall I think Ive done just as well this year as compared to last year, maybe a few goals better. Average a game is probably 8 or 9.

58140.png

I would really love to see this forum add a poll question on people's YB opinions. I keep hearing from both sides of the coin,

and I just wonder where the majority actually stands. It's probably about 50/50, but it would be interesting to see the numbers.

Like I said before I love the new controls because I think the game is easier and I'm much better at it now, but I agree with a lot of the dissenters

who just want to know why it has to be either/or. Why can't they give people to option to play with either the mouse or the arrow keys?

I don't like not having control over the characters. Sometimes if I choose to have three defenders it glitches between them if they are standing to close to each other, and I can't control anything at all :( But I do find scoring goals very easy.