Questions about Make Some Noise

rachiee

So, the last time I played in the AC (which was nearly three years ago) MSN was my main source of points. I think the fact that my old laptop's keys weren't so thin kinda made it easier for me.

Now that I have a new laptop (a MacBook, which has much thinner keys), it's so much harder to play MSN.

My questions: does key thickness affect your MSN skills? Also, since there's also a desktop at my house with thicker, bulkier keys, should I play MSN on that instead of my laptop? (Gotta warn you that the desktop is slower.)

well, in my opinion, not really. youre scored based on your speed in which you press the buttons, and how well you alternate between the two (you get docked for pressing one 2 times in a row). maybe your reflexes are getting worse?

Found out that this game is the only one that's way better on my old laptop than on the new one. Highest score on the old laptop so far: 8100, highest score on the new laptop: 6300. The keys aren't different and also my reflexes aren't varying that much because I always get way higher MSN scores on the old laptop.

It may be the timing of the laptop keys, you can set it to respond slower or more quickly to repeat taps. (I have a high response because of a high wpm rate). You might want to try adjusting that to see if you can get a higher score. For us on a mac, it would be under system preferences: keyboard, and for those on a pc, under control panel > keyboard.

Note that TNT also revamped the games. The MSN bonuses for hitting the extra letters are only worth ~1/10 of what they used to be, so that could be impacting your score, as well. But try it on a couple of machines and see which works best for you.

It may be the timing of the laptop keys, you can set it to respond slower or more quickly to repeat taps. (I have a high response because of a high wpm rate). You might want to try adjusting that to see if you can get a higher score. For us on a mac, it would be under system preferences: keyboard, and for those on a pc, under control panel > keyboard.

I adjusted my settings, and it helped me TONS! Instead of getting a score of 100, I got somewhere in the 3000s. Thanks c: