Is Boochi Bad Or Good?

velociraptor24

88 members have voted

1. 1. Boochi Bad Or Good

• Good
    • Bad
    • I can't realy say.

Well I would say good and bad. When I first started playing neopets and my Zafara got zapped I was so happy! It was my first painted pet ever really. So for beginer accounts I suspose he's good. But now if one of my pets got zapped by Boochi i'd be extremely upset. So I think he's good and bad in some sense.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad. I do NOT want a baby pet, and I, like many others, would not be very happy if he zapped one of our more expensively painted pets. Because of that Bruce, my Kougra can never be an active pet out of fear of color changing random events.

I feel that it's a good thing. I'm fond of the baby pets and always keep my active as either my lab rat or the pet I would like to be a baby.

I did get zapped by Boochi once. My Lupe, which is still on my account, was a Boochi zap. At the time I was a fairly young and inexperienced user. The thought of buying a 600k paint brush for my Lupe was pretty unbelievable so the Boochi zap was amazing. From that standpoint it is a chance for young/new users to get a baby pet.

Bad if your active is painted high-value and you don't want it zapped. D:

But I don't have to worry about that, so long as Boochi doesn't get my Tomato Chia~

But ugh I hate this random event on the whole. TNT shouldn't have random events where pets people potentially saved up for months and months and sometimes YEARS get zapped into something a determined someone could earn in like, three weeks. x_x

• 2 weeks later...

When I first came to Neo, 6 or so years ago.. I thought Boochi was the greatest thing that could ever happen to me. Now I'm terrified of ever coming in contact with him, and keep my baby pet my active at all times. In my opinion, one baby pet is enough. So I'd have to say, Boochi is no good :sad01_anim:

My usul neither my shoyru have ever got hit by boochi,but if it ever happens...It would have made me very very very angry :angry: .So this is why i need a lab rat :sad01_anim:.Hey about talking about this...i better get a new pet *goes to the adoption center,quickly* :guiltysmiley:

I'd be upset, but I think baby bori's are cute. I'm terrified he'll hit after I turn my bori plushie or when my xweetok is active (started NQ when she was active and need to finish it... as cute as baby xweetoks are, I was saving for a long time for the faerie mp when the plot came out and saved me millions)

It really depends on the pet who gets zapped. I had a flotsam get zapped by boochi and I thought it was really ugly ... If it had been a gelert or a chomby, I would have been so happy because those are two of my dream pets, a baby gelert and baby chomby.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering my dream pet right now is an island Xweetok, I would have to say BAD. Once I shell out for an Island Paint Brush, if she gets Boochi'd I will be VERY unhappy, which is a frustration some of you have experienced first hand. It's true that baby is a relatively inexpensive brush, so it will likely "devalue" your pet. However, it would still be bad even if it was a rarer/more expensive color. There are some highly coveted colors that I simply do not like. For example, some users love Darigan pets, and I find them ugly. To each their own! Users shouldn't be fearful that the pets they work hard to customize to their personal taste could be totally undone by Boochi.

Still, I like what nbbug says:

The thought of buying a 600k paint brush for my Lupe was pretty unbelievable so the Boochi zap was amazing. From that standpoint it is a chance for young/new users to get a baby pet.

It is a pretty incredible chance for newer users, for whom 600k is a more hefty sum... but I still think it's overall terrible.

And I had to add a sidenote:

I think that a Baby Korbat is so cute!

I know it's a little irrelevant but a Baby Korbat was my dream pet, I painted mine and I love her! I wonder if my baby pet could ever be Boochi'd? I'll keep her active, just in case.

I know a bunch of people really love baby gelerts... but I thought boochi was the worst when he zapped mine a few months ago.

She was desert. Granted, I painted her desert before it was the price it is now. But it was still a large loss for me. Thankfully, biscuit and desert are very similar base colours (and I had the desert clothes). So it's not like I had to fork out a lot of neopoints. But it still made me sad. :(

• 2 weeks later...

well, if you don't put your already awesomely painted pet as your active, or if you have a pet you'd want baby anyway then boochi is awesome xD if he zaps your robot or pirate or something, then not so much xD xD xD

Personally, I'm not a fan of Boochi (and all colour-changing events, really). Once, he came right after I'd morphed one of my pets into a mutant Acara. He missed, thankfully, but I can't imagine what it would've been like if he didn't. I reckon there should be an option to turn off such events, to be honest. That way, those who don't want Boochi can feel safe, while those who do want him can still have a shot at it.

Equustel, that actually sounds like a great solution. It seems like everyone agrees that if you like your pets the way they are he's bad, and if not, then it's anything from fine to great. So yeah, why not be able to eliminate the possibility?

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I think the concensus is fairly clear. But I never knew UC pets were immune to him!

My Peophin almost got hit when she was Royalgirl, but thank goodness Boochi missed. I was really paranoid after that and chose a Baby species that I liked best, then painted him myself. Keeping him as my active pet now.

I really really hate Boochi though, I'd love to be able to have my favourite pet staring back at me when I go around Neopia... Now I have to look at my Baby Lupe, which I don't mind, but I'd prefer otherwise. And I get really jumpy when I make my dreamies active when I take them fishing.

To me, it depends on how expensive it would be to replace the color of your pet. The only reason why it would piss you off if Boochi zapped you is whether or not you can afford to replace the zapped pet's color if you don't like it.

For example:

Maractite Paint Brush worth 4,000,000

Baby Paint Brush worth 600,000

You tell me which color I would cry tears of blood if I got repainted :<

If I liked a Baby ______ then I'll keep it.

If I hated a Baby ______ then I'd repaint, can I afford/is my previous color worth more than a Baby color?

>Yes [then no problem, I'd just repaint]

>No [FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BOOCHI *strangles it to death*]

*god forbid* I have two very expensive painted/not-labbed-ever pets, a maractite draik and a pink xweetok neither have been hit by Boochi. I would kill someone if Boochi touched them, but they are the only pets I would ever use as my active pet. I mean what's the point of having the pet painted that way if I don't want to show it off and be proud of them?

*sigh* if Boochi does one day zap them I will repaint. I love those two the most, I can't bear to have them in a different color (although romantik_xweetok was recently painted pink from her previous ghost color that she had for most of her life)