Two yays within a few days of each other

keiwo

There is nothing quite like that feeling when you log onto Blackboard and see an announcement stating that cell biology terms test results have been posted, with the average mark being 73%. Expecting a grade of 50% at the most due to conveniently placed gaps in your study regime, you click on your gradebook and read that you achieved 87%. Your self-confidence goes through the roof.

A few days later, you log back onto blackboard and see that the terms test results for chemistry are up, with a pass rate of 78% and an average mark of 61%. You are unsure about your mark, as you didn't study much at all, and didn't sleep at all the night before the test. You venture to your gradebook hesitantly, and see that you have achieved 85%. You swear that they must have assigned you someone else's mark, but this is evidently not the case. Your self-confidence is now in orbit.

.. this is me over the last week. I don't usually avoid studying, but the last month has been really, really hectic, so it's been difficult to maintain any sort of routine outside of going to my lectures and labs each day. It was just a really pleasant surprise to see that I had done relatively well on the aforementioned tests. The cell biology one is worth 20% of my grade for that paper, and the chemistry one 15%. It's a bit of a weight off my shoulders.

That's great! I'm assuming you're in college. It's best to get good marks since we must pay for the education. I'm always impressed by people who do well in biology, biology does not like me. chemistry I know is hard but I still kind of like it so getting a good mark in that is impressive too. Keep up your good marks throughout college so you graduate on time.

That's awesome! It's great when you see low average grades and find out you were in the higher end of things. =)

• 1 month later...

good marks are always good! and hey, you use blackboard too :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.