Root Canal= Definately A Nay

Airiya

I am heading to the dentist at 8AM this morning for a root canal :(

This sucks, apparently one of my nerves in my tooth was infected by bacteria or something when my tooth was starting to develop after my baby tooth was pulled out.

They said it wasn't my fault since there was a microscopic "hole" where the bacteria got in and traveled to the root T_T;

I never had plaque or cavities and also wear my retainer every night so my teeth are perfect and now I have to get a root canal because of this.

Not to mention the procedure is $3k but thank goodness for my military medical insurance >.<;

Too bad I am not part of the TNT or I could get the Root Canal trophy ahaha xD;;

:c

Dentists are definitely always a nay.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I don't mind root canals that much. For reasons I don't really understand (genetics, maybe) I have lots of dental problems, in spite of good hygiene. I have needed numerous root canal surgeries. The reason I don't mind them is because, once it's over, my tooth doesn't hurt anymore. The only part I really hate is having to pay for them.

I can't believe yours cost $3k. That's crazy! I've never had one cost more than $700. Nonetheless, I can think of many things I'd rather do with that money. It's better than losing a tooth, though.