Lutari Talisman

grass_tiger

I'd love to hear your opinions about the Lutari Talisman. Do you feel it is worth buying the beads? I bought two of them two weeks ago and I haven't seen any benefit so far. I bought two red ones (oranu and ranaka). I'm guessing if I buy more I'll start to see some benefits. But, in your opinion, is it worth the cost?

Thanks!

I have friends that have them, and they said that it isn't worth the cost, and that they really don't see to much of an increase in neopoints because of them.

confuciousnz, They increase your np on games sometimes, increase your random events and sometimes lower your prices in the shops. The more beads you have the more these things happen. But each bead is about 300k presently and 12 can be purchased (the other four are apparently only obtainable through getting and referring people to the mobile service). So that is awfully expensive.

I have two beads and while I may have had an extra random event or two (who can really tell that?) the other two things haven't happened at all in two weeks. So I'm thinking the effects won't pay off the price of the beads for a long time, if ever. It seems a poorly planned out idea to me.

I was just wondering if any of you all have had any experience with it and had a personal opinion. What I seem to see across the internet is that a few people are happy enough with the effects relative to cost, but most are not.

I might get a couple more as I can afford them and then see where I am. I've heard you need three to really see any effects, but I don't think anyone really knows much for sure about it.

I remember reading that each bead has a different effect, like one increases random events, one lowers prices in shops, one doubles the NPs earned from games, etc. Maybe you haven't seen the other two effects because you don't have those beads yet?

I think the red lowers the prices in shops lol, I had a red one I just sold it tho lol...

The red ones are supposed to increase neopoints in games, but that hasn't happened yet for me. It seems the more I read what people say about it around the internet the more I realize that they are all guessing. No one actually seems to know for sure.

One thing I have noticed is that I haven't gotten any negative random events in the last two weeks (since buying the beads). Possibly just a coincidence though. I tend to get random events somewhat often (probably every 20 min), but then I purposefully (sp?) do things that create a lot of site hits.

I've heard of people who say they've had random events quite often, but were mostly the ones that only give you 200nps or so. One person who was in my old guild bought most of the beads and hasn't had any more random events. So I would say it's not worth buying them.

I don't really know much but my reading the above posts I'm guessing it's all random (Like everyting on neo lol).

Some people may get lots of random events and some may ge none. I don't think it's worth it.

The site http://www.neopets.com/~Maniverus has a nice explanation of lutari island, including the tailisman and beads. http://www.neopets.com/~trebormailliw also has bead info.

I purchased a blue one (forgot which specific type of bead, but blue is supposed to sometimes lower shop prices). I spent like 180k 6 months ago, and I am a fairly big shopper of little things I make 5-7% profit of. I've only seen the price lowered twice in 6 months (that I actually noticed/remember). So it has saved me probably 1000 np....and cost 180k. Hmmm...don't think it's worth it somehow :) But then again I only had 1.