Best place to refresh?

Dcoolb

I have been trying to get a faerie quest, tooth faerie avatar, sloth avatar ect. from RE's. I have tried two places (bubble pit and meridell castle) but where is a good place to try?

Random events are random. No particular place is better than others.

Though I would recommend playing games like Pyramids and NeoQuest. The page refreshes with each card/move so you're playing a game/earning NP, while the page refreshes.

I agree with Spritzie.

I've found lots of Codestones, map pieces and a Nerkmid from playing Neoquest/Pyramids/Scarab 21 etc

It's worthwhile to earn NP whilst searching for RE's ^_^

I got the tooth faerie avvie doing a quest for Jhudora, so I'd say its pretty random. Any of the games like Cheat or Pyramid are really good for RE's. Also, clicking around the site for dailies instead of using the TDN direct links can help boost your chances, though to be honest, I've used the daily links so much that I sometimes forget where they're located :laughingsmiley:

I agree! Pyramids is super addictive! As is Tyranu Evavu but those lame pets always try to cut me off!

Or if you're going for avatars, you can refresh on Rorru's Haiku Page, the Mutant Graveyard of Doom, or the Avatar Help page! Though considering how many avatars you have, you probably don't need to do that! =P

REs are increased on your birthday, are they not? Or just the birthday theme, I guess.

I always get faerie quests while using the shop wiz! I refresh way too often there. xD Also, chatting with friends on the guild boards gets lots of refreshes out of me, and it's not boring!

I have always been curious to how TNT gives out quests? I mean I know they say that they are random and all witch they are for us. But on TNT's side do they sit there and just pick random users that are online? Or do they use a computer system? I guess we will never know unless we worked there.

TNT has written some very interesting algorithm to allow the servers to determine what happens every time you refresh the page, or load a new one. Every time you send a request to the server, it checks to see if you get any of the many possible random events. If you are lucky (or unlucky) enough to get one, the server sends back the page with the event on it. If not, you get the normal page. Even TNT cannot determine with any accuracy which players will get what events, or when, or where. The server deals with all of that.

You can also try playing Dice-A-Roo. Note that some worlds have their own RE's and don't seem to have the normal ones (e.g., Moltara, and maybe Terror Mountain and Space Station -- these last two have their own, but I can't remember if I've ever gotten a normal one at either place), so don't go to those worlds for the Tooth Faerie avatar, for example. (But really, hers is so rare that I wouldn't refresh hoping to get it.)

Also, note that TNT has been a bit ambiguous about whether refreshing to get things on the site is okay. It used to be okay to refresh as long as you did it manually, and many people would refresh at Terror Mountain to get paint brushes, neggs, and the ice treasure chest. Then TNT said it wasn't okay to refresh just to get items there. I would assume the same rule applies to Faerie quests as well. But refreshing in particular locations to get avatars is of course, fine (I mean, that's how TNT designed the avatars!). At any rate, I'd recommend playing html-based games or wandering around the site to get your page-views, just to be safe.