The Amazing World of Gumball

Tedhaun

I can't believe that no one started a topic for this new series yet.

Since Gumball will officially be premiering this upcoming Monday at 7:30 PM EST on Cartoon Network, I thought that it'd be just about time to have a thread about this new series over here.

Gumball2.png

I saw the trailer for the series, and I thought that this may be either something fun for all of us to enjoy... or just another sugar-coated kiddie-humoured cartoon that would only make the younger kids giggle. Any opinions on Gumball, post or discuss them here. :yes:

I'm thinking it's going to be like Chowder or Misadventures of Flapjack (both of which I love)... But since it's coming on before Adventure Time, Mad, Regular Show (My absolute favorite!), & Problem Solvers (Don't like that one as much), I wonder if it'll be targeted for an older crowd...

Anyone notice how children's cartoons are more disturbing than they used to be?? I'm guessing it's because the writers/cartoonists grew up watching the disturbing cartoons of my generation (Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Ahh Real Monsters, etc.). Thus, the cartoons they make are based off already disturbing shows!

I hope "Gumball" is just as disturbing as the other Cartoon Network cartoons! xD

So the preview did make me laugh somehow when I watched it last week, yet this feels more like another Chowder with all the mischievous escapes that Gumball and his fish friend/brother Darwin had gone through with the tattered DVD in the first episode of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think i'll like this show. Then again at first I didn't like Adventure Time and Regular Show and now i Love them! So haha i'll have to watch it :)

That's exactly how I feel! I watched an episode the other day and I mean, it was kind of funny but also kind of annoying... It seems like it's a little more of a kids show, which is why it's on before the other Monday night cartoons... But it's random enough to where I think I'll start to like it...

But nonetheless, Regular Show is by far my favorite... I can watch those episodes over & over... I love Mordecai - when will he ever end up with Margaret? =)

Rigby's cool too, he's pretty funny even if he's kind of a jerk sometimes! xP

As for Adventure Time, I adore Jake... He's super adorable and the fact that he's voiced by the guy who does Futurama's Bender makes him all the more amazing!

Cartoon Network has scored major points in my book for lining up all these great shows on Monday nights... Though Problem Solvers has yet to impress me.