Proud to be Portuguese

CCarol

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of what's going on in Portugal. Long story short, we're in financial trouble (much like Greece what happen with Greece a few months back) and we've asked the European Union for monetary support. The thing is, for the help to come through, every country has to agree to help. Which, as it seems, Finland won't do.

Now, I didn't create this post to discuss wether or not Finland should help us. The thing is, due to this whole deal a video was created that, in a joking manner, explains to Finland why they should agree to help us. And watching it, made me realize how amazing my little country really is and therefore (since it's in english) I would love to share it with you.

I'm not sure if you can post links to youtube videos, or not, so until one of the mods gives me the green light on that, I ask you to search for "A message to Finland" by kardelyy

And, if nothing else, you'll learn a bunch of new and interesting facts about another country other than your own :)

EDIT: I started the topic on the wrong place, so if one of the mods could change it to the 'General Chat', that would be great!

• 2 months later...

Ahh, i've heard about the Greece crisis, but I didn't know Portugal was in financial trouble too. Did it also originate because of government debt?

I sure hope Finland consents sooner or later.

Are the prices of everything really high now?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.