Freezing and college?

CheeseStorm

(Sorry for making another topic so soon after my other one)

Okay, this just dawned on me.

I am a college student. I use school computers and my personal computer.

I know for a fact that some of my friends have neopets accounts and use them.

Hypothetically speaking, if I use a computer and my friend uses/used the same computer after me/before me [therefore keeping the same IP address] and we both use neopets during that computer use... is there any way for neopets to distinguish the accounts?

I know it would be unlikely for this situation to occur with all the computers my campus has, but I am a worrier...worrying is just what I do! That and I am just curious to see if anyone knows how neopets distinguishes between accounts / if there is any way besides IP and cookies.

This being said, what does that mean for families that may play on the same computer?

I've only had one account frozen, and that was like.. 8 years ago because I was 12 and clicked a link that I thought was a cheap faerie pb and then when I was told to log in again - did not think twice about it.

My account, made a few months after my first account, is almost 10 years old, and I would be legitimately upset if I lost it.

Thanks!

I know there are tons of siblings/parents/ people in the same house that have accounts and use the same computer without a problem. Both my sisters and I have accounts. We have 3 computers in our house and have each used all of them to login to neopets without a problem. On the other hand, I have heard stories of people being frozen for earning nps on multiple accounts who claim that it was because multiple people in the house have neopets and use the same computer. I have to think that TNT has some way of distinguishing the difference. Email addresses or patterns of playing or something. I'm sure they have it figured out. I can't see it being a problem, but if you're still really worried, you could even email TNT and ask. Not to mention that there would be so many people logging in, that they would almost have to know that all the accounts could not belong to one person, simply by common sense alone.

I know there are tons of siblings/parents/ people in the same house that have accounts and use the same computer without a problem. Both my sisters and I have accounts. We have 3 computers in our house and have each used all of them to login to neopets without a problem. On the other hand, I have heard stories of people being frozen for earning nps on multiple accounts who claim that it was because multiple people in the house have neopets and use the same computer. I have to think that TNT has some way of distinguishing the difference. Email addresses or patterns of playing or something. I'm sure they have it figured out. I can't see it being a problem, but if you're still really worried, you could even email TNT and ask. Not to mention that there would be so many people logging in, that they would almost have to know that all the accounts could not belong to one person, simply by common sense alone.

I mean, there probably aren't more than 20 of us at my school that use Neopets... if that. I just know of 2 other besides myself (my school is 2100 people or so).

But still, that makes sense.

I was just thinking about it and thought I'd see if anyone knew more about the situation.

Thanks for the input :)