Getting The Most From Your Neggs

Jules1212

Thanks to the Festival of Neggs I've recently gotten a bunch of neggs! But, what do I do with them? I've always been a little unsure about what Neggs do. Should I use them myself? (How would I do that?) Should I sell them? If I'm going to sell them, should I use them to buy something from the Neggery that will be the most profitable?

When will buying from the Neggery be more profitable than selling raw neggs? What exactly does that do?

I'd love to learn about this--and debate the best course of action!

-Jules

Here is TDN's guide to Neggs http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/neggs/ and the last time I checked, it was more profitable to sell your individual neggs as opposed to trading them in for the 'better' neggs.

The only Neggs that you get from the Neggery that are somewhat desirable/could possibly get you more np that the individual cheaper Neggs are Cool Negg, Armored Negg, Ferocious Negg, and Snegg.

I'm hoarding all of mine too. I haven't actually collected any of the prizes from the Negg Hunt either, can't decide what I want and I'm thinking maybe I can sit it out until after the festival and see what becomes the most expensive.

Here is TDN's guide to Neggs http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/neggs/ and the last time I checked, it was more profitable to sell your individual neggs as opposed to trading them in for the 'better' neggs.

The only Neggs that you get from the Neggery that are somewhat desirable/could possibly get you more np that the individual cheaper Neggs are Cool Negg, Armored Negg, Ferocious Negg, and Snegg.

This is right. Sell low token neggs. If you want a higher value negg, you can buy it cheaper then using the neggery.

The Faeries Ruin plot closed the neggery, so neggs were very low value then. Ever since, they have steadily been going up in price.

Easter neggs do increase in price over time because they are limited.

I used to have a price chart with the various neggs you could get from tokens vs. the current price of neggs, and I could always find at least a few that would give more NP per token than I could get from selling the most common basic neggs (the ones available from Keyquest) -- and it was a lot easier to cash in for tokens than price neggs every time I got one. From my memory, Kaleideonegg and Silver Knight Negg were often the most valuable -- before Armoured Neggs came out, at least. Once I had a decent amount of tokens, I'd only have to price a plain Negg (to get the price/token), and the 3 or 4 that might be worth more per token.

Once I got up to 6 codestones/training and codestone prices inflated, I discovered that it was cheaper to train defense using armoured neggs (now that neggs have also inflated, the cut-off for which is cheaper is probably different). It also helps me train faster. So now I just convert all my (common) neggs into armoured neggs; I actually have to buy extras off the SW to keep up. I always price rarer neggs to find out if they're more expensive per token, and anything that's limited time, I keep in the SDB indefinitely (to sell after they've inflated -- which of course they never stop doing).

Sell them. They can cost anywhere from 1K-200K+

If you're selling any token-redeemable neggs for 1k, I'll gladly take them off your hands. Heck, I'd give you 1500 for 'em! ;)

(Plain "negg"s are going for around 2k currently, since Keyquest is giving fewer out during its spring prizes.)

Guest Yoshinho

As you can see. Neggs do not last long here since I sell em. Play key quest. The prizes in it gives out neggs every once and a while (silver/gold key)

Not sure whether it's the right choice, but I usually just sell them individually.

It sounds like a really good idea to hoard them though until things inflate, but I get impatient too easily >.<

I started buying some Icy Neggs though after finding out they were retired. Maybe they'll go up in price? Or with my luck, they'll just deflate since no one needs them..

I put them in the trading post to get NP. You might get more NP when you put them in the trading post than when you sell them individually.

And lately I've been buying from the TP, because some people accept less than the SW's going rate. I get a lot of rejections, but it's worth it. It's funny that you can save/make money both buying and selling on the TP.

I sell mine. xD Just put them in my user shop and sell them individually and all. I don't use or collect them myself, so... getting them from Keyquest is one of my main means of NP earning. o-O;