Petpage Application

Airiya

Okies, so I finally finished my very first petpage application!

Hurray~ Just wanted to get some feedback on what I should add and such.

Kinda of hate these things since I don't like typing up things about myself so yea may be lacking info in that department lol.

Can be viewed here.

Do not use IE since some of the coding is not applied to IE.

I double checked with the owner to make sure she didn't use IE so it shouldn't be a problem.

Best viewed in Google Chrome/Firefox/Opera

:wub_anim: It looks beautiful as well as very-detailed. I admire the depth of your work. I'm not sure that you need to add anything, but I've never done a petpage application before

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the roses that stayed on the bottom of the screen. I felt that they made the application hard to read. Also, the text itself didn't stay in the white section, so I had to expand my browser window in order to make it look right. I recommend that you change that so it appears properly regardless of how big the reader's browser window is.

Those are of course stylistic things, but that can make or break an application. It's true in the real world - I've chosen to not interview applicants because their resumes are not aesthetically appealing.

I think your section on why you chose this pet could use some work. As you say, it's the most important section, and you don't have a lot of information there. You say Kougras are your dream pets, but why? Why do you like grey pets? And you explain why you can't have an UC pet, but you don't really say why you want one. For example, is it because you despise customization and long for the old days when all pets were UC, or because it's a status symbol to have an UC pet, or something else entirely? The reader is left wondering. To really explain these might help your application.

Also, minor grammar point: in the section about why to choose you, the phrase is "rest assured" not "rest assure." Assured is an adjective, while assure is a verb. rest assure is two verbs in a row where one of them isn't a helping verb, which doesn't make sense. "Rest assured" means that you can rest while feeling assured. Grammar is important in an application. Admittedly, it's not that big of a deal, but if the current owner is a grammar nut like me, it might make or break your application.

All I did was look at the application, not your account. I hope these comments are helpful constructive criticism. Overall, the layout of the application was good, and the general content was good. I think you just need to be a little more reflective, more thoughtful, and expand on some of your points while remaining brief. If you write too much, the current owner may not even read it.

Good luck! Let us know if you get it! :)

It looks gorgeous! I think it's done very, very nicely.

One thing, I don't know, it might just be me. I'm using Chrome, but I'm having issues viewing it. I'm not sure about the size of my monitor, but the picture at the top goes over the edge of the text areas, as does the text all the way down, making it so I have to highlight the text to read the end of each line.

Okies going to edit the coding. Weird, used 5 different monitor screens and different browsers to view it and none of them had any viewing problems.

@Lamppost: Thanks for the info, I thought the reason why I want a UC pet was lacking info and those questions you posted are really helpful.

I was caught off guard with this application since I just stumbled on a Grey UC Kougra a couple of days ago and threw this together really quickly.

Deadline in a couple of days.

Also for the part about the Roses footer being a bit distracting, in her application she wanted use to display our strengths when it comes to writing or designing,

So I did that as a personal touch. I am guessing it's depends on the person, some like it and some don't.

Edit: The text was fixed so it should no longer move when you resize the browser window. Also the text will not float over the rose banner.

I want to say my monitor is a 19-20 inch. (I'm at work, so I'm not positive.)

Is it still having the same problem with you? Tweaked the coding a bit.