Paperclip trades?

Roulette

Are paperclip trades on the trading post against the rules? I read somewhere that it was basically in the same boat as a scam, but this chick started with dung and she's already up to petpets. I'd love to try it out, but I don't want to get frozen for it.

hmmm, interesting question. I don't think it is against the rules because your only trading and it is not entirely unfair. the other person trading should know what their getting into. I would play it safe though and maybe double check the rules.

Oh, and your font size is tiny! I had a lot of trouble reading it! >.<

Hopefully this editorial question can help :D

There is a huge debate gong on in the Help Chat surrounding the issue of paper clip trades. If you don't know, a paper clip trade is where a user starts with 1 piece of junk and trades it repeatedly for a better item each time. Often in the wishlist it will say something like "Paper clip trade: offer one item only." Are these or are these not against the rules? ~futurevet89

As long as they aren't spamming the trade or begging, with things such as "Paper clip trade, only offer something worth more!" or "Please help me with my paper clip trade!" it seems fine enough to us.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=406

Of course that was a few years ago, the rules might have changed but this appeared to be the only editorial Q about it.