inconsistent pricing

VerusMaya II

I was lucky enough to get two Mootix REs recently, and after attaching one to get the avatar, I figured I'd sell the other. However I've noticed a huge discrepancy between pricings. Auctions have ones around 30k - 80k, and then jump suddenly to 700 - 800k, while the trading post insists for 1mil+.

If I were trying to buy a Mootix, obviously I'd go for the cheaper ones, so why do people keep pricing them higher? Are the cheaper ones a result of misinformed players who don't know the Mootix's value? Or is it really cheap nowadays, and people are just stubborn about asking for more than its worth? I'm really confused by the logic behind this, and it's making it difficult for me to make the profit I want off of this p3.

They hope that the auctions rapidly increase in price/bids because they listed it so low. :P Just like you said, the lower price is more appealing so the seller hopes a bidding war ensues.

Mootix go for around 1 million.

They hope that the auctions rapidly increase in price/bids because they listed it so low. :P Just like you said, the lower price is more appealing so the seller hopes a bidding war ensues.

Mootix go for around 1 million.

I hereby move that the plural form of Mootix be 'Mootices' from now on.