Introductions and Confusions

Andheri

Hey there, I'm Andheri. I've been playing Neopets for 6 years now, only getting serious about it a couple of times. I never took it to the point of joining a fan website, but I suppose that at this point, I really need help deciding on whether I should start to commit to Neopets or not.

For one thing, before I get into my questioning and why: time is not a problem, at all. I can control time.

Why am I doubting returning to Neopets? The paying systems. Is it worth it, what does it do? What's with the Nick?

If I do return, should I start a new account or stick with my 6 years badge [and ugly names]?

Give me some reasons like goals on why I should return to Neopets, at the humble age of thirteen.

Thanks, and I don't know. I hope I do return, but I really need the motivation to.

If you want to learn more about me, check out my About page. It's like an entire Neopets biography on there.

An update by my own account of motivation and impatience, I started a new account called MsAndheri. I've always been one to restart, to get that fresh start instead of have those days of emptiness behind me, so I suppose I am sticking with this account for now. Now, making my neopet, the confusion of where to concentrate on comes first.

I think TDN will definitely help this new account become greatness though.

Whether I focus on the pet, my neohome, or whatever else there is to concentrate on first, I will.

A question though, what does Neocash buy other than clothing (not a fan of that myself)?

Edited by Andheri

Hey there, I'm Andheri. I've been playing Neopets for 6 years now, only getting serious about it a couple of times. I never took it to the point of joining a fan website, but I suppose that at this point, I really need help deciding on whether I should start to commit to Neopets or not.

For one thing, before I get into my questioning and why: time is not a problem, at all. I can control time.

Why am I doubting returning to Neopets? The paying systems. Is it worth it, what does it do? What's with the Nick?

If I do return, should I start a new account or stick with my 6 years badge [and ugly names]?

Give me some reasons like goals on why I should return to Neopets, at the humble age of thirteen.

Thanks, and I don't know. I hope I do return, but I really need the motivation to.

If you want to learn more about me, check out my About page. It's like an entire Neopets biography on there.

An update by my own account of motivation and impatience, I started a new account called MsAndheri. I've always been one to restart, to get that fresh start instead of have those days of emptiness behind me, so I suppose I am sticking with this account for now. Now, making my neopet, the confusion of where to concentrate on comes first.

Whether I focus on the pet, my neohome, or whatever else there is to concentrate on first, I will.

A question though, what does Neocash buy other than clothing (not a fan of that myself)?

Hallo and welcome =D

Why you should come back? because its fun! ^_~

You can drop by whenever you want, look after you pets, play a few games and than leave it as long as you want.

If you come back I would stick with your old account - even if its a ugly name because an old account has a few goodies for you^^

here are the old account perks listet ^^

With neocash you can buy cloth like you say and:

background, foregrounds, facepaint, mystery capsule (with a suprise in it^^), you can buy game tokens for nc mall games (like blumaroll) where you can win nc items, floating dolls and much more^^

By the way you can win nc in the Qasalan Expellibox

Howdy Andheri, and welcome to TDNForums. Need I introduce myself to you?

Why, they call me Neomysterion, the one and only.

New to Neopets or just returning from a hiatus, let TDN and their forums be a big help in starting your Neopian life.

Good luck and have a great time at The Daily Neopets. (:

Hallo and welcome =D

Why you should come back? because its fun! ^_~

You can drop by whenever you want, look after you pets, play a few games and than leave it as long as you want.

If you come back I would stick with your old account - even if its a ugly name because an old account has a few goodies for you^^

here are the old account perks listet ^^

With neocash you can buy cloth like you say and:

background, foregrounds, facepaint, mystery capsule (with a suprise in it^^), you can buy game tokens for nc mall games (like blumaroll) where you can win nc items, floating dolls and much more^^

By the way you can win nc in the Qasalan Expellibox

But, the fun is reaching that point when you create your new account. [The only thing I'm currently annoyed at is the twenty-four hour thing for all of my freebies.] At least, that's probably my opinion. The fun is in reaching that point where you actually use the perks while taking the best that is offered to you. That's probably just me, but I have concluded to stick with my new account.

NC sounds more than I thought it was, but I doubt it will be a huge obsession of mine. Perhaps a card or two here or there, but the fact that you can get it for free is very enticing.

I must agree, it was only after I created MsAndheri did I realize the depth of the website. I probably have over twenty tabs open, trying to make NP (for what? I'm not sure yet), but failing at the games, with a passion.

What are a usual Neo's goals with NP?

if you want to make a lot of np, i suggest playing habitarium(a game, at this point I make 100k a day),

you could also invest in stocks and restock.

Some games can also give you easy money(like sponsor games)

I'm Scartic by the way :P

Well for starters, welcome back and I hope you enjoy TDN forums because it really helps keep you playing when you meet new friends.

I agreed with you on this one. I was seriously doubting to stay because of the NeoCash, it's used mainly for customizing your pets which just kinda off shows off the looks. And the Nick is one of their sponsor ADs And as mentioned below, it is good to keep your old account because their are benefits (I have a icky username and my old pets names were ehhh... since I didn't like having numbers in the name so I just transferred them over to a side account to zap). And as for goals, well it's really up to you, here's a few you can think about:

• Getting "dream" pets
  • Make a gallery
  • Win xx trophies
  • Save xx amount of NeoPoints
  • Win _________ contest

One way that motivates me personally is meeting new people and improving my graphics designs. And due to other gaming experiences, I found joining a guild and a forum really makes it more fun and less lonely playing, especially when it is a web based game.

I like to code, design and draw for the User Lookup, Pet pages and Beauty Contests so that's how I stay motivated.

I buy the food items sometimes just because I like the animation and maybe build a gallery off of that.

hi, I'm Kittyn! I started playing not long after NeoPets came out and I'm pretty notorious for abandoning my accounts for months or years at a time... but I always come back because it's a great way to relieve stress and also to keep my creativity muse hopping. and actually, reading the forums and seeing the kind of camaraderie that everyone has is part of the reason I started playing again just recently. and it was a good choice, too. I'm already about to have my first million in the bank by tomorrow night =)

as for NeoCash, I don't really buy much in terms of clothing. I do like to buy backgrounds and accessories that match my pets' personalities though! and now that I've started playing Key Quest regularly (personally, my fave way to make NP), I'm keeping an eye out for tokens that I can buy. also, I don't mind buying game tokens every now and then because sometimes you can get pretty nice prizes.

as for where to focus your concentration first, that's a hard decision to make. as a person that pays attention to aesthetics and likes to create art, I'm working on my Dreamies first (and I have a lot! LOL) because they give me inspiration. plus, I like the challenge that saving for those super expensive PBs and MPs brings! my current goal is to save about between 8-9mil for a Woodland PB, plus a little extra so that I won't have to start completely from scratch for my next venture. I don't care much for creating/decorating a NeoHome, as just trying to view them makes my laptop pretty dang laggy.

and I hear you on the games! I'm actually planning to buy a USB mouse for my laptop here soon, as I am currently pretty bad at regular games without one! not that I've ever been big on games anyway... LOL. but I've found that it just takes practice to get there.

well, I hope you get everything figured out soon! and if you need any kind of help or encouragement, these great people at TDN will be here for you =)

Guest ErikaChristine

Hi there, Andheri! Welcome to TDN and welcome back to Neopets. :)

I've been playing fairly solidly for over ten years. There are times it gets boring, but there are usually enough site events and other fun things to get you right back into it. Very soon there will be the Altador Cup, which is a very neat sporting tournament where you get to compete on teams against other players.

I'm glad you took the step to join a fan site! I have found that this and other sites I visit really make the game that much more fun. I find the experience of sharing your goals and achievements with other plays pretty cool.

I personally quite like NeoCash. I thought it would be pointless at first, but its fun to customise pets and share them with others. I have spent over 300$ purchasing NC. There are NC events like Stocking Stufftacular and Neggstravaganza which is an event on right now where you purchase tickets and get a fun prize everyday. Many people with NC also do trading to get retired items.

It's good to have goals. Whether pet goals, bank goals, avatars or whatever.

I'm also TERRIBLE at games. I play Kass Basher and Pyramids and that's about it. Consider trying KeyQuest or Habitarium. I make over 50,000 NP a day with my Habitarium by pretty much doing nothing. So that's cool.

There is A LOT to do on this site. :) See you around!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. :]

A confusion, again: Is Neopets owned by Nick now, or are they just a sponsor in charge of the ads?

I basically don't know where I'm concentrating on, as of yet, and am merely playing just to get more neopoints.

The replies on the forum showed a part of the game I never got into before because of lack of knowledge, which goes back to my original point: there's so much to the game and more of it gets exposed over time, to me at least.

I surely hope that I don't leave early, but as I said before, I have taken steps I never considered before. This game rules all others because the minimum addiction takes less than five minutes to complete, to be content with it in comparison of RPGs I used to play where I had to "Level up" every day in order to feel accomplished.

I'll give NeoCash a chance, I'll look though the shop, but I'm quite a veteran player, where I remembered regular old ads and the buttons at the bottom asking for your preference on how you would like to view the website.