Graphic critiques?

Zachariah

I'll critique them in order~

1. Font is very hard to read. Colors are too light. The images used are multiple colors and do not harmonize/complement each other.

Rating: 1/5

2. I can tell that you are trying for a "psychedelic" theme but there is too many things going on at once that the eyes can not focus.

Your concept of design layout does not apply whatsoever. For example, all the fonts are the exact same size therefore they compete with one another for attention.

The designs here are nice but too much symmetry that nothing really stands out therefore looking like a mess.

Rating: 1/5

An example of an "organized" mess is:

psychedelic_bay.jpg

Note how one of the moons is bigger than the other, yet both are placed in a symmetrical way. Same goes for the mountains.

3. This one is very well done. The design layout allows the viewer's eyes to draw to the title, box and then the rest of the background.

It is somewhat symmetrically yet at the same time has a bit of difference here and there that brings that whole picture together. I especially love the colors in this one.

Rating: 3.9/5

Keep up the good work.

They remind me wallpapers...

Although, I'm not really sure I'd like to have them as wallpapers because they are too bright for my liking.

Editing graphics is not about using every single filter or brush or effect that you can find. It's a process of selection... and in general, "less is more". When too much is going in a picture, your eyes don't really know where to focus. That's the feeling I get from your images.

Also... your image will be more powerful if you don't center their title. Try to follow the rule of third (placing the text towards the top-middle-left for instance).

I actually really enjoyed all three of your graphics that you linked.

I like the tone of the colours and how they all sort of flow together.

However, the first two are really bright and hurt my eyes after a while, and sometimes all the images and the words everywhere gets a little messy.

Keep it up :)