Getting this problem at Neopets?

Matt

I assume everybody who blocks the Neopets adverts gets this problem now when they log onto Neopets...

banneradgapgc7.th.png

Neopets has shoved a huge gap at the top of the page, which your ad blocker used to get rid of for you. How dare they? Well, below I've got a solution for Internet Explorer users. Not sure about the whole Firefox thing, but if it's as simple as the IE version, then it shouldn't be too difficult.

First things first, open up Notepad and copy and paste the following code into it:

div.ban,div#ban {
display:none !important;
}
#ban_spacer.show {
display:none !important;
}

Then save the file somewhere safe (Where you won't delete it accidently) and call it "BlockAd.css" in the "Save As..." menu. This should turn it into a CSS file, which basically changes the layout of a website.

Go into Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options (On the bar at the top. If you can't see it, press ALT to get it to show). Click the "Accessibility" button at the bottom of the box that comes up.

In the new window that comes up, check the "Format documents using my style sheet" checkbox and in the box below it, browse for the BlockAd.css file you made earlier and select it.

Click 'Ok' on that box and the other box below it. Close and reopen Internet Explorer. Your ads should now be gone!

If anybody wants to tell anybody how to do it in Firefox, please tell us. :)

eh i personally just dont block the ads.. thers only one ad that i dislike becuase it keps the page from loading correctly.. need to send bug report to neopets for that one.. but then i have a fast enough connection that they dont interfer with me

Matt probaly read it for yourself but this is why there are the stars

Site Update! - You may have noticed a loading graphic has started to briefly appear at the top of the page where the ad banner should be. We're currently testing some new code that forces the banners to load after everything else, meaning there's no more waiting before you see the page. Hoorah! The test should last for a few days, so please bear with us. :)

But doesn't this just make it all better, even if the ads aren't blocked?- we don't have to wait for stuff to load, so it'll naturally be faster

That was me jumping the gun. Apologies. The news wasn't out when I felt it needed acting upon.

Well, people feel they want to block ads because they want to lower bandwith usage for their internet, don't like the look of them, or for whatever reason. I just don't like the look of them, dragging the page down and all...

I've added an updated way of blocking in both IE and FF to the Remove Ads page. However, I didn't see this earlier; I'll credit Matt accordingly. Firefox has also been solved.

But. But, in this week's editorial, it mentioned "disabling JavaScript or images" is an unfair advantage with restocking, which may mean that what we currently do - blocking ads - is 'illegal'.

I had that happen once to me, when I logged in but it only happend 1 time so I dint worry bought it.