BEWARE!!!!!!!

vampire_girl

Few days ago I have seen one site where they sell Neopoints and exmeepitve items. I saw an Addvertisment on DragonCave. I saw only it was mentioning Neopets so I clicked it. I'm not going to tell you the name of site, because apparently it has got viruses and whatever it has already. Mainly, it's dangerous.

I want to warn the whole TND Forum to be EXTREMLY careful because SunnyNeo site and their Twitter account were hacked.

I think it should be reported to TNT so they can at least warn all Neopets players that there were found some dangerous sites which sell Neopoint and expensive items.

I'm sorry if I posted in wrong Forum or if this souldn't be posted.

thanks for that. im not visiting it at all. i visited it once but i signed out of my account first. they might be cg'ed accounts so if it happens to someone they should sign in and out of their account, clean their computer, and change their password

I think it should be reported to TNT so they can at least warn all Neopets players that there were found some dangerous sites which sell Neopoint and expensive items.

I'm sorry if I posted in wrong Forum or if this souldn't be posted.

This is probably the right section. :yes: However, reporting the issue to TNT won't do any real good. TNT already knows about these sites, but they can't really do anything about them - they're separate entities, outside of Neopets' control. It's best just to flag them with established anti-phishing and anti-malware services (like StopBadware) so other people visiting them with modern browsers will get a clear warning, then avoid the bad website like the plague (unless you know what you're doing).

SunnyNeo got hacked? :O Geez. Those websites scare me, to be honest. If I want to look at them, I go into a different browser and make sure I'm not logged into Neo :P

that's what i did, i logged out and went on safari instead of firefox. i was just curious but last i saw was they said we had a problem and we are trying to fix it. i owned a website for two years and all they have to do is call their provider, get that canceled, and a new account open with different stuff. easy peasy

This is probably the right section. :yes: However, reporting the issue to TNT won't do any real good. TNT already knows about these sites, but they can't really do anything about them - they're separate entities, outside of Neopets' control. It's best just to flag them with established anti-phishing and anti-malware services (like StopBadware) so other people visiting them with modern browsers will get a clear warning, then avoid the bad website like the plague (unless you know what you're doing).

I know, but it would be good at least to mention and remind players to beware.

SunnyNeo got hacked? :O Geez. Those websites scare me, to be honest. If I want to look at them, I go into a different browser and make sure I'm not logged into Neo :P

I know. Lately, everything is being hacked. :ohno:

that's what i did, i logged out and went on safari instead of firefox. i was just curious but last i saw was they said we had a problem and we are trying to fix it. i owned a website for two years and all they have to do is call their provider, get that canceled, and a new account open with different stuff. easy peasy

It's not that easy when you operate a large site with multiple heavy databases and a lot of content - even with full incremental backups, restoring the setup to a new system and doing a thorough audit can take quite a while. :(

I know, but it would be good at least to mention and remind players to beware.

Which TNT and virtually every Neopets help site on the web has been doing incessantly for the last decade or so. ;)

Thank you for the warning! I'll be on the lookout :P I find these sites really annoying. It's not like anyone will actually buy from it- most of us know the dangers of the internet and stuff like that anyways. I remember once I clicked on a site like that because it mentioned neopets, so I clicked on it and explored the site. The prices were a total rip-off :P

i saved all my files on my computer everyday. my site ended up getting hacked so i had to restart and cause i merged the files and uploaded, it was all better. guess it depends on the host

It also depends on the proficiency and MO of the hacker, as well as the infrastructure of your website. And for many websites, 'all my files' is a pretty honkin' huge wad of files. xD