Error on Firefox

Cykotyks

I just got back into playing a few days ago thanks to discovering the Habitarium, but I've got a dilemma.

When I was playing a few months ago, I used Safari because of the errors I was getting on Firefox, and that worked fine. But now when I try to run the Habitarium on Safari, the game is painfully slow and skippy. I can run the game on Firefox, which works much better, but...I'm still getting the generic "Oops!" error for most other things:

Error: You have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

Click here to see some tips that might help you fix this problem.

I have a Mac, though, so none of their "suggestions" are actually useful. I've disabled AdBlock and enabled popups for the entire site, but it keeps happening. I don't have any other settings or programs that I know of that would cause interference. It happened on version 3, and it's still happening on version 4, so I've no clue what's going on. This pops up whenever I try to feed my pets or play a game (Tombola, Snowager, etc... haven't tested the actual game room). Basically, I can't hit any "submit" button or I get the error.

Can anybody help here?

(I'd really rather not have to use Safari or get used to a new browser, but if that's the only way to work around it, so be it.)

that's strange. i don't get that. it is unbelieved slow and laggy though. make sure you firefox and safari are all up to date and have the correct flash player. if you are still having problems restart firefox. if still bad, delete and redownload.

that's strange. i don't get that. it is unbelieved slow and laggy though. make sure you firefox and safari are all up to date and have the correct flash player. if you are still having problems restart firefox. if still bad, delete and redownload.

Safari updates automatically, but I try not to use it because, one, I'm used to Firefox, and two, neither browser is very cooperative when both are running at the same time.

As for Firefox, I just installed Firefox 4.0 from a fresh download like two days ago. I highly doubt it's the browser itself.

safari does not automatically update. it's part of your system updates and unless you click ok to do so and allow your computer to restart, it will not download.

It updates with everything else - that's automatic enough for me.

But this isn't about Safari - it's about my problem with Firefox :|

Hmm... this definitely sounds like some sort of odd settings mix-up, although going down the worst-case scenario route, it's also possible there's malware of some sort on your computer messing with your request headers.

From some digging I'm pretty sure one of your add-ons is causing Firefox not to send the referrer header, causing Neopets to think you might be a cheat bot of some sort. Could you give me a list of the extensions you're currently running?

Also, the preference that tells Firefox whether or not to send referrer info is called 'network.http.sendRefererHeader'. If you want to reset it, type 'about:config' (without quotes) into your URL bar, press enter, then paste the preference name into the filter bar. You should then be able to right-click the preference and hit 'Reset'. :) This should fix your problem, unless (as I'm suspecting) an add-on keeps setting this preference incorrectly.

AdBlock, Conduit Engine, Simple Timer, Vuze Toolbar, Active GS, Illumitux, LJ Login, and the UPromise toolbar, though I've disabled and/or removed most of these because they're incompatible with v.4. I've just got AdBlock and the Conduit Engine active now, and I don't think those should mess the preferences up? But the solution seems to have worked, so I'm hoping it stays that way :D Thank you!