Safety Deposit Box

cloudedsunny

Having gotten the packrat avvie I am now faced with a SDB full of 1189 items, mostly junk!!! I'd love to hear some opinions and experiences from you all about the questions below:

Are there any benefits to hoarding a SDB full of random stuff that is worth nothing now but may be worth something some day?

Are there any benefits to keeping a nice clean SDB with only the essentials you actually treasure in it? (Apart from the fact that you can find what you want, when you want it!)

What is your opinion on getting rid of junk items - sell for 1np (hard to move) or discard? (I don't donate as nobody wants them anyway)

Is making a side account REALLY worth it just to store stuff if you're not going to use its other features as well? Isn't the process of moving all the stuff going to take forever anyway?

Well I guess that's enough questions, I'm interested to hear your answers now!

first start taking out all the junk and start putting up lots in teh trading post, i personally would jsut say free on all of them then if someoen dose offer money(trust me allot still do) you can accept the highest. then start selling the itemsworth stuff. theres no point in keeping htingsi n your deposit box to rot, keep it for waiting until the price rises on stuff or stuff you like/dont wanna get rid of. everything else just sell or give away.... IMO

The most likely problen you will face with a bursting SDB is deflation. Most people hoard the most useless items for the Packrat avatar, and those aren't going to inflate in price. So sell now.

When I got the Packrat avatar, I drove myself crazy switching between the Shop Wizard to price the things up in my shop. So crazy I employed a macro to do it for me. After that failed I tried some other methods...

Basically, I started off with a reasonable sized shop. I sold as much as I could in the size it currently was. I priced everything up and left it for the night. From the money I got from that I was able to expand my shop to hold more of my junk! I did this until, eventually, it would've been stupid to get any bigger. Then priced things up in the evening, slept, woke up to see my bursting Shop Till and restocked the shop in the evening again. Simple loop, which stops you getting too bored with the whole process.

At the end you'll be cackling with all the money locked up in your SDB that you never knew you had. I donated 20% of mine to the ALP and held an "Everythings 1np" to both save me time and generate some interest into it.

Perhaps you could do something similar?

Well, that's my story. :P

I will take all your items you don't want..o_O I know I must look crazy, but i will take them, if you start putting them in trades, I can take them 10 at a time or something, I know it could take a while, but you said above that nobody wanted them WELL I DO! What do you think?

You can donate most of ur junky items, cause i've read that if u donate alot you find more things [like haunted wood map pieces, or codestones] well to me it's happen, ive donated alot useless stuff and later on i find things that are worth having.

And u can give some of em to me too :) im still collecting items for the packrat avvie. :whistle:

Lol, if she decides to give it to us for free, i'll take most of it lOL jk. It's a race against timee muahaha

andd nope im not gonna donate it if i do get it :P i do need items for my packrat avvie hehe

:P Fighting over rotten old shoes heh

The trades idea is a good one I hadn't even considered. And the evening/overnight method sounds good too.

Is there any confirmation on the donating thing? My whole deal is that when I used to go to the money tree I hated getting junk items, so I decided to trash any junk I had instead of trying to pawn it off onto someone else, but if there really is a benefit...

TJ and Radiance, I sent you each some junk, but dude seriously! :eh:

TNT wouldn't allow the donating thing, it would be against their T&C, or something like that, it was probably just a rumor made up on the neo-boards.

Thanks for the items. :D If you ever need to get rid of more, just send um my way!

yea the whole thing about donating giving you more random events is a lie, the only thing that gives you mroe is the birthday sidebar and one of the colors of lutari beads(dont know a site off the top of my head that explains what they do)

and i beg everyone to NOT donate junk items to the money tree, somthing like toys or food i can understand but completly useless items no, just discard them instead of filling all neopia up with junk.

Basically, I started off with a reasonable sized shop. I sold as much as I could in the size it currently was. I priced everything up and left it for the night. From the money I got from that I was able to expand my shop to hold more of my junk! I did this until, eventually, it would've been stupid to get any bigger. Then priced things up in the evening, slept, woke up to see my bursting Shop Till and restocked the shop in the evening again. Simple loop, which stops you getting too bored with the whole process.

That's exactly what I did, otherwise my shop wouldn't be the size it is now...

i dunno if that donating thing is actually true, but i dunno why, everytime i donate a couple of stuff a day, a couple days later i find things that i usually dont get.

But i do remember reading somewhere on neopet fansite that donating stuff do get you more chances at finding random things though. o_O not sure if that been proven true.

But i do remember reading somewhere on neopet fansite that donating stuff do get you more chances at finding random things though. o_O not sure if that been proven true.

thats completly faulse, i think your just connecting dots that arnt there, random events aer jsut that, random..

What I do is give away those junk items to people who are working for the avvie. I ran a contest here and gave stuff to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Keep the books because they do seem to increase their prices a lot. Don't keep the junk you get from Underwater Fishing and stuff that are now worth less than 100nps. Also sell the Battledome equipment that really don't help you at the battledome. For example, the wooden shield is just for first-timers and I seriously doubt it will ever increase its price, as well as most of the other shields.

the wooden shield is just for first-timers and I seriously doubt it will ever increase its price, as well as most of the other shields.

eh i woudlnt even call it a newbie sheild, i would clasify it as utter junk your lucky if you can get rid of it for more then free, lol i usually discard it too many of them as is in neopia

I heard a rumor that if you deposit items to the money tree, you get better luck with Random Events, if you have that much items you should test out the rumors.

actully if you read the whole post that was said a few times, but a rumer is all it is, its not true.

hey i want some items i dont care what they are!!!!! Pick me Pick me . Pick MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. or i'll :crying: :crying:

Mod Edit: Please... stop doing that. :P We don't like beggars...