ZAPPED!

Jessicar

Have you zapped a pet on the lab ray that you don't like and are willing to give it to someone less fortunate? It might even be someones dream pet. This is a long shot, i know. I have had reaccuring bad luck trying to piece together the map and am just asking on the off chance someone has a pet they don't want.

We have an entire thread dedicated to people advertising the pets the have up for adoption or trade. People always post there when they have a pet to give away. You can find it here. I would suggest going back a few pages to look, since there are often pets that linger there for a few days.

Have you zapped a pet on the lab ray that you don't like and are willing to give it to someone less fortunate? It might even be someones dream pet. This is a long shot, i know. I have had reaccuring bad luck trying to piece together the map and am just asking on the off chance someone has a pet they don't want.

I have a Cloud Xweetok UFA. Not zapped, painted. I don't really like Xweetoks anymore so you're welcome to her!

I have had reaccuring bad luck trying to piece together the map

May I ask what kind of bad luck you've been having? Maybe we can help you get your own lab map.

Although to be honest, it's usually not worth the effort :P More often than not, you just get stats, or weird species changes.

I have a Cloud Xweetok UFA. Not zapped, painted. I don't really like Xweetoks anymore so you're welcome to her!

!!! no!! nononononononononooo!

I want that Xweetok!! She's perfect for my family! I neeeeeeeeeeeed her.. >.<

Now for on topic, Masaryk is, of course, right. People post their pets on that thread all the time. It's constantly getting new and interesting pets. You should be able to find something you like.

Edit: HOORAY! I have a new Xweetok :D I love her and love her and love her :D

We have an entire thread dedicated to people advertising the pets the have up for adoption or trade. People always post there when they have a pet to give away. You can find it here. I would suggest going back a few pages to look, since there are often pets that linger there for a few days.

Thanks, sorry i didnt know. Im pretty new to TDN forums.

May I ask what kind of bad luck you've been having? Maybe we can help you get your own lab map.

Although to be honest, it's usually not worth the effort More often than not, you just get stats, or weird species changes.

Oh, the bad luck involves buying the 6th piece i needed (having the others in my SDB) and loosing it within a minute. I had only changed pages twice. After awhile i decided to sell the other 5 and took them out, only to have one of them stolen on my way to the trading post. I pretty much gave up after that.

I got a spare account for the very purpose of picking up pets from the pound, zapping them any colour really, and then re-releasing them back into the pound so they can find an owner. Boredom will do things like that to you. :P

If its of no inconvenience, would it be possible to neomail me when you do?

Sure, I can NM you when something interesting happens.

Are you looking for any specific colours and/or species?

It's hard to be fussy in my possition. ;D Anything uncommon best. not base pets.

Thanks! :D

EDIT: not base pets with base colours :D

Did you get all your neopets from doing that?

CaliSnac zapped Chomby and I painted him baby, Narc zapped lutari and I painted him disco, Uhula is being zapped now but I'm keeping her (prob morphing/painting into an island bruce), and wixsel was zapped for many months before i morphed/painted her into a faerie tonu.

I actually managed to adopt out quite a few labbed pets, so it worked out ok. I'm considering GUPing my lutari and transferring him since i dont care for him but need his petpage still. Then i'll have room to zap another pet on my main.

CaliSnac zapped Chomby and I painted him baby, Narc zapped lutari and I painted him disco, Uhula is being zapped now but I'm keeping her (prob morphing/painting into an island bruce), and wixsel was zapped for many months before i morphed/painted her into a faerie tonu.

I actually managed to adopt out quite a few labbed pets, so it worked out ok. I'm considering GUPing my lutari and transferring him since i dont care for him but need his petpage still. Then i'll have room to zap another pet on my main.

GUPing?? sorry, i'm slightly blonde.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

GUP stands for Green Uni Morphing Potion. (idk why it's not GUMPing). Users who thought it was unfair of others to pound valuable pets would interrupt pound transfers (before the safe transfers existed) and then use a green uni MP on them, since it was the cheapest at the time. Then they'd re-pound them. It was a really rude thing to do.

The cheapest MPs now are red and yellow ogrin, but the term GUPing has stuck

since lutaris can't be transferred, i have to morph him before sending him to a side

If your computer can handle it, you should really consider playing Habitarium and Key Quest :) I do my dailies, play Habi, and occasionally sell an item over 10k in my shop... with the occasional game. I don't make millions off of it, but I make enough to get what i want in a reasonable amount of time.

nup, poor old pc can't take the pressure ;D

oh and key quest hates me, all the people usually leave.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

GUP stands for Green Uni Morphing Potion. (idk why it's not GUMPing)

Wait what? :eh: I'm going to sound old for saying this, but it used to be referred to as GUMPing. This was...4 or 5 years ago, when the trend really began to skyrocket. People used to do it in general, but during the first few Altador Cups (especially the second) GUMPing was a form of taunting used by some of the more confident and rude teams/players. Basically, you would degrade a nation's pet to a green uni. For example, if you were playing Krawk Island, you would paint a pet pirate and then GUMP it. Most often the teams to do this were DC and KI (by that I mean that they would GUMP other teams). In order to make it a taunting event, people would make boards showing off their (using the same example, pirate) pet. When enough people gathered, they would GUMP it in front of all the witnesses. When DC and KI played eachother, the GUMPing boards were EVERYWHERE. It was crazy. What did they get out of it? I'm not sure. It was a waste of time and a waste of neopoints.

Because of this, GUMPing has become a more widely known way of changing the species of a pet.

/End lesson on history of the GUMP.

Wait what? :eh: I'm going to sound old for saying this, but it used to be referred to as GUMPing. This was...4 or 5 years ago, when the trend really began to skyrocket. People used to do it in general, but during the first few Altador Cups (especially the second) GUMPing was a form of taunting used by some of the more confident and rude teams/players. Basically, you would degrade a nation's pet to a green uni. For example, if you were playing Krawk Island, you would paint a pet pirate and then GUMP it. Most often the teams to do this were DC and KI (by that I mean that they would GUMP other teams). In order to make it a taunting event, people would make boards showing off their (using the same example, pirate) pet. When enough people gathered, they would GUMP it in front of all the witnesses. When DC and KI played eachother, the GUMPing boards were EVERYWHERE. It was crazy. What did they get out of it? I'm not sure. It was a waste of time and a waste of neopoints.

Because of this, GUMPing has become a more widely known way of changing the species of a pet.

/End lesson on history of the GUMP.

That was during my 3-year hiatus, so I missed all of that completely. I was just reiterating the little history lesson I got from someone else.