What colors do you think should be improved?

Shamasii

So I was looking through the colors because I am thinking of painting my xweetok (currently snow), and I could not find a single color that I REALLY liked for the xweetok. Usually I find a couple colors that I really love, but the xweetok doesn't have any :( I mean, why can't the xweetoks have one of those awesome colors like the royal/maraquan shoyrus or the island/halloween hissi? So what colors for specific pets do you think are seriously lacking, especially the colors that are extra expensive? Personally, these are some of mine:

4.png4.png4.png

Halloween xweetok - I'm not really sure why I don't like it, I just think they could have done a much better job with this :/

Maraquan Mynci - ...they took off ears, made it pink and gave it a swishy tail? Really? Most of the maraquan pets are so cool and different but this one is just the same :(

Halloween Aisha - ...they made it red and gave it two tiny little horns...super creative.

Haha, if you have any of these pets, no offence or anything, this is just my opinion xP

I completely agree! There are so many Neopets that just seem as though they haven't tried to be creative at all!

This Jubjub came out recently and I HATE it!!

10qjpd2.png

I really really dislike all the faerie pets, too. Now that they've made wings to customize with they should redraw all the faeries because that is all it is. A normal coloured pet with a couple of rubbish wings on it's back. Gah!

I don't like Plushie pets which are just soft-edged pets with stich lines down the middle.

4.png4.png4.png

I mean, c'mon! What makes 'plushie' cool is all the different colours and patterns, even the patches can be adorable. Just dabbing on stitches and putting circular buttons instead of eyes on small-eyed pets is not enough effort.

Now that they've made wings to customize with they should redraw all the faeries because that is all it is. A normal coloured pet with a couple of rubbish wings on it's back. Gah!

I feel this way about the Plushie pets above - if you're going to release a different colour for a species then at least make it clearly different, not just a softer version of Purple.

I think all Relic pets need to be changed to something more... visually appealing. And besides, the Relic color reflects laziness on the part of TnT. Sure, let's just take a basic pet and slap a greyish color on it. Whoopedy.

2.png

The mutant Acara is hideous. Enough said.

2.png

I also don't really like Zombie pets. It's a cool idea, but all of the pets look the same -- they all have blanked out eyes and the same "dead-looking" skin color. If you've ever watched a zombie movie, you know that all zombies do not look similar...and boring.

2.png

Avocado Chias freak me out. Yes, they look like avocados. But ew, avocados are really ugly on the outside.

2.png

I also find Biscuit boring, specifically the Biscuit Gelert. What part of this animal looks like a biscuit??

2.png

I'm just going to stop there. I also dislike Clay, Disco, Magma, Shadow, and, especially, Invisible. Don't even get me started on Invisible.

I think all Relic pets need to be changed to something more... visually appealing. And besides, the Relic color reflects laziness on the part of TnT. Sure, let's just take a basic pet and slap a greyish color on it. Whoopedy.

2.png

2.png

I also don't really like Zombie pets. It's a cool idea, but all of the pets look the same -- they all have blanked out eyes and the same "dead-looking" skin color. If you've ever watched a zombie movie, you know that all zombies do not look similar...and boring.

2.png

Avocado Chias freak me out. Yes, they look like avocados. But ew, avocados are really ugly on the outside.

2.png

I also find Biscuit boring, specifically the Biscuit Gelert. What part of this animal looks like a biscuit??

2.png

I'm just going to stop there. I also dislike Clay, Disco, Magma, Shadow, and, especially, Transparent. Don't even get me started on Transparent.

What?! A month ago you were just about ready to kick my face in for that Transparent Wockey!

Agh! I meant Invisible. Invisible. Sorry, long day. *scampers off to edit*

Silly silly. I completely agree though, Invisible pets are the most stupid idea. Especially Invisible Pet RE's ----- Who ever had that idea needs serious beatings.

Invisible is the most pointless color ever. Now that they have transparent, they should just get rid of invisible.

I agree on the Plushie pets that are essentially a basic pet with a few stitchmarks, like the moehog, etc.

I'd also like to see the faerie pets updated... the faerie acara is a yellow acara with some tiny pink wings stuck to it. It looks horribly cheap.

I'd also like to seem some of the more plain Pirate pets be redrawn ^_^

Mutant Acara is pretty hugely popular, have you seen all the pics of it in the art gallery? Sure I wouldn't want it for my own pet, but it is visually arresting and makes for a good art subject. Scythemantis from this forum made an interesting observation on the Mutant Acara, about how it's more space than mutant and a better example is something like this.

Your Faerie Xweetok also isn't a base color with wings, tho lol

I mean, acara = yellow acara with wings. aisha = blue aisha with wings, blum = blue blum with wings, same with chia, kacheek, korbat, uni, usul etc.

That may be how they "looked" before conversion but their poses/expressions made the look. They look too basic for me this way imo.

You forgot christmas pets. Most of those things make me want to puke! The only christmas pets i can stand are the Pteri, Orgin, Zafara and the Blumbaroo is ok.

The Jubjub is absolutely ridiulous!

Another colour i dont get is starry, seems just too......strange.

I think a lot of the Halloween pets need love. I mean look at the Halloween Krawk: http://pets.neopets.com/cp/2cqljbw5/1/4.png

it's just a green Krawk with some cloths slapped on.

Same with the Buzz...

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/ko8fmlnc/1/4.png

Those two really jumped out at me.

(Yeah, I have no idea how to post images on the forums)

Edited by Khenari

I think a lot of the Halloween pets need love. I mean look at the Halloween Krawk: http://pets.neopets.com/cp/2cqljbw5/1/4.png

Same with the Buzz...

Yeah i agree, it's mainly just clothing. This said, i do really like the halloween acara and tonu. :D

The mutant Acara should have looked this instead, I know that the current mutant Acara is popular and all, but it doesn't look like a mutant at all. :whistle:

And all other Neopets should have differently-colored spots and stripes if they are painted spotted and striped.

I've always thought that orange Kougras would have black stripes instead, I think it would be good if TNT make them turn out like that instead.

Mutant Acara is pretty hugely popular, have you seen all the pics of it in the art gallery? Sure I wouldn't want it for my own pet, but it is visually arresting and makes for a good art subject.

Pfft, as if popularity proves anything. The Spice Girls were popular once. So there you go.

The mutant Acara should have looked this instead, I know that the current mutant Acara is popular and all, but it doesn't look like a mutant at all. :whistle:

And all other Neopets should have differently-colored spots and stripes if they are painted spotted and striped.

I've always thought that orange Kougras would have black stripes instead, I think it would be good if TNT make them turn out like that instead.

Nice! I really like your version of a mutant acara better than TNT's! Don't tell them I said that though :P Their version looks to much like.... Space alien odyssey :P

I really don't like the Maraquan Mynci either... That just looks...bald. I don't have a thing against bald people/animals, but it just looks really weird on the Mynci, with the scales and pinkness :b.

Nice! I really like your version of a mutant acara better than TNT's! Don't tell them I said that though :P Their version looks to much like.... Space alien odyssey :P

I really don't like the Maraquan Mynci either... That just looks...bald. I don't have a thing against bald people/animals, but it just looks really weird on the Mynci, with the scales and pinkness :b.

I didn't drew the mutant Acara, the talented Keishinkae did. :P

And the mutant Uni needs a makeover big time.

Same with the Buzz...

If you go to tinypic.com to upload your pictures (you don't need an account and it's free), it states next to the code which one you need to use for forums :)

2.png

I'm just going to stop there. I also dislike Clay, Disco, Magma, Shadow, and, especially, Invisible. Don't even get me started on Invisible.

Oh my... That biscuit gelert isn't biscuit, it's just a light brown gelert :( And yes, invisible is just horrible.

I agree that many faerie pets are just normal pets with wings on them. They often look like there wasn't enough time to draw them. I think TNT should put more effort in making new colours for a pet.

Personally, I dislike how the chia's have so many colour options (aubergine, chokato, pea, etc) like it's not even fair to the rest of the neopets! D:

Don't even get me started on Invisible.

I completely agree. Invisible? Like how lame is that. What's the point of even having a neopet if you can't see it?

I also really dislike the chocolate option, a lot of the pets look the same and it's really boring!

Again, agreed. It's actually so boring. Yaaay the neopets now look like fossils .... *rolls eyes*

I could totally keep going, but I won't. ... Except I will say that I also dislike robot, gold, woodland, zombie, glowing, custard (looks like snot .....) and probably a lot more.