Adopting for Avatars

Featherstar

Is it 'legal' to adopt a pet from the Neopian Pound for the sole purpose of obtaining a species-specific avatar with it, only to abandon it again afterwards?

I know it's a freeze-able offence to make a profit out of the pound, but the only profit being made here is the acquirement of a new avatar.

Thanks!

~Feather

I think adopting a pet for an avatar and then pounding it is far better than creating a pet for the sole purpose of an avatar and then pounding it. That way there's one less extra pet waiting to be adopted. :) I adopted pets for species specific avatars and then pounded them several days later after making them bloated and delighted. You aren't profiting from their adoption so I don't see how it isn't okay. As a warning though, you can only pound one pet every day.

I have no proof to verify that nothing will happen. I adopted pets and kept them for awhile instead of abandoning them again immediately. If I had a NT quote or something I would give it to you, but all the proof I have is that nothing happened to me.

I think adopting a pet for an avatar and then pounding it is far better than creating a pet for the sole purpose of an avatar and then pounding it.

I completely agree. I adopted a skeith and lenny from the pound (and a Shoyru but kept her) for avatars and then repounded them. Nothing happened to me. I would think neopets would prefer that but don't quote me. You're not making any money, you're actually spending more nps.

I don't see why TNT would have an issue with it. There are plenty of people who adopt and abandon pets quickly, some to snag a quick av (which, like Sakura said, is far better than creating and pounding) and others just to cure them and make them happy. TNT has always taken the "you can do what you want with your pets" stance (within the rules of course) and that includes adopting and pounding.

I frequently adopt and abandon pets for modelling wearables, and I've never had any problems from this. I also have all of the pet avatars, and many of them were obtained through the pound, then abandoned again.

• 5 weeks later...

Ah, okay.

So the TNT won't find me and freeze me or anything if they see that my account has adopted from the pound, kept the pet for about 30 seconds, then re-abandoned it?

Of course, only one pet a day. ^^

I wanted to adopt a Uni but by mistake i adopted a scorchio or something. I put in the pound right after i got. TNT didn't say anything! So I guess adopting them and re-abandoning them after a few seconds is alright. :graduated:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.