No Longer Using NeoBoards

xSummer

Have to agree with hipy_chicky - my break has probably been even longer than three years, but I don't think I will be spending any time on the boards now I'm back. They were my first introduction to the world of forums when I was a youngster about ten years ago, but these days I don't see the use in them. There isn't anything I want to chat about there, plus they're just so strict on the silliest things. I think once you get a bit older the over the top policing becomes patronising.

I avoid using the on-site boards at all costs. I detest having to sell something, because there's always a chance that some poor shmuck with a lack of proper reading comprehension will report me for using a word they didn't understand, or displaying an avatar that they didn't like. On forums that don't appear to have any moderators, with a report system that lets everything just fly through, it doesn't seem too far fetched.

Ya just gotta be careful what you post when you post it. XD Reread it and all. You don't want to get iced for something silly, right?

And both instances were technically against the rules. D:

I mean. I post off-site links on Neopets sometimes, but only in NM to people I trust won't report me. (And even then it's not a good idea.)

And you could have phrased the KQ thing better. I don't agree that you should have gotten a warning for that, because you know, STUFF DOES COME UP WHETHER TNT LIKES IT OR NOT, but maybe you could have said avoid it at all costs or something? o_O;

• 2 weeks later...

Its quite funny, you have to be really careful about what you say to people. Someone on the Habitarium forum was commenting that they dont like the ads, but instead of saying go onto TDN and read their guide on getting rid of them, I had to just reply with "There are ways of hiding them" in fear that my account may be frozen or blocked. Its riduculous.

It's sad how strict TNT is, I've been silenced once, and I'm alway afraid of posting. I've posted some things that I didn't even know where wrong, and I've gotten warned for it. I try not to use the boards too often, and I'm never going to the role playing boards again.

It feels good to hear people vent about this. I used to post on the stock boards and some of the regulars there just like to irritate people on purpose. It's annoying to try to have a real conversation and have them try to troll you the whole time. It's insulting because on Neopets (unlike on this forum, perhaps) I'm not a noob, and they're set on treating everyone like one.

TNT should provide a list of filtered words/phrases and what you can't say but isn't filtered. XD

Some of the stuff is completely outrageous, I swear.

I remember back a few years ago my friend tried to type the word 'balls' in reference to Neopets items, like toys or whatever. I don't know why, but she got in trouble for saying it, even though if they looked at it in context, there was absolutely no sexual overtones or undertones or implications at all.

TNT is full of a bunch of pervs, I swear. =_=;

Like the SS thing. What? XD

Oh! Oh! And I was doing a font on my Neoboards preferences, and I don't remember what the HEX code was that they decided to block, but apparently in one of my HEX color codes was some acronym that the pervy TNT saw fault in. x_x; I had to pick another color, of course. I changed every other word until I realize that they decided my color was a dirty/curse word...

I always get ads for Ancestry.ca. Some site to find who your ancestors were I guesss. I'm pretty sure kids aren't interested in that. And we all say that Neopets is a kid's site, but it was originally made for college kids. And we all know that a lot of adults play it. Most of the people on the neoboards are adults, or older teenagers. Anyway, like everyone else, I just lurk. Posting just isn't worth it on the neoboards.

On the Altador boards it won't let me post "SS: number". C'mon now, I can't shorten Slushie Slinger? Really? What's so offensive about 2 letter S's?

SS is short for "score sender" which is an illicit program that people use to go through all the games and send high enough scores to get 1000 NP each time without actually doing anything.

I don't hate people. but I strongly dislike EVERYONE who uses those, AutoBuyers, and the like.

Those boards are extremely good for Altador Cup chats. That's the only reason why I use them.

The boards are annoying in a lot of ways, but I agree with you here. Also, every time I finish a Faerie Quest it's thanks to someone helpful on the boards replying to my request :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iYoshinho

I love trolling on people on the neoboards. I was never silenced nor frozen for it. But I am no longer on the neoboards.

unfortunately sometimes the mods are a little "warn happy". i had them suspend me once for scamming when it was the other users own fault xD like...literally....i did nothing. i put items in my shop just like i said i would, everything totally in the rules, and someone bought the wrong item and reported me for scamming xD still angry about that one.