Punchbag Sid

Tank Girl

I really want to get the Punchbag Bob avatar, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there's anywhere that updates the times he's in the Battledome?

If anyone else has got the avatar I'd love to know how you went about getting it.

Ughh, I got so excited when I read this title, I thought he was in the battledome right now :sad02: I don't have him because when I went to fight him and lost the next page where I should have gotten it glitched out :sad02: so I never received it. But from what I understand he comes around once a year or so and the last time I heard about him was when the Tarla shenanigans were going on. But if you find something, let me know because I would be interested too. I suspect there has to be a twitter account or some other quick networking thing set up somewhere to alert you, I just haven't found it yet.

Wembly, I feel your pain. The last time he appeared, I left work for less than 10 minutes to grab a snack, and came back and he was already gone.

To get him, when he does show up (There's usually a lot of boards on the Neoboards, plus last time, someone made an announcement here and alerted everyone), you fight him, and lose to him, with your active pet.

The last time Sid appeared was during the Tarla thing. Was that last May?

Every now and then, someone at TNT decides "Gee, we haven't seen Sid in a while. Let's activate him now." It's very random, and it will almost certainly happen during the 9-5 NST work day. Last time, Sid appeared on a Sunday. I ignored all the AC hype, because I didn't expect anyone would be at Neopets office on a weekend, so I missed out. :(

Someone has a mailing list set up on their petpage for Sid notification. I'm having trouble finding it right now, but the way it works is that users that sign up are put in groups of ten. If someone notices that Sid is in the Battledome, they are supposed to send a Neomail to the other people in their group to notify them.

It's a really cool idea, and I know a few people who have received the avatar through this, but it hasn't worked so well for me yet. By the time I see I have the Neomail, I've missed Sid. I'd love to see someone else set up a new system like this if the old one disappeared.

I got it when Sid appeared for the last time, several months ago. I remember reading it on here, and I was only able to get it on my main. By the time I tried on my sides, he was gone already.

Mrs Cornflakes taunts me with that avatar all the time ha ha ha ha

I never know about Sid when he's online ... I usually play Neopets on my own and don't interact with people much and rarely go to the neoboards ... so when he came out during the Tarla event .. I was never aware of it ...

I wish someone would alert me ..

I think it would be really great if someone on TDN decided to start a mailing list for Sid. I don't think I should be that person, but this would really be a great idea.