Secret Laboratory

Rachany

Hello! I'm currently sorta-trying to get the lab map so I can zap my pets purdy colors! :D Right now I have 3/9--all of them from RE since auctions don't like me and for some reason I can't find them on the trading post.

Anyways, I just want to ask the people who DO have lab maps:

•  
  • In your opinion, is it worth it? Useful?
  • How long did it take you to get it?
  • Around how much did you spend on it?
  • What do you mainly use it for? (Color/Species changing, battledome changing...)
  • What method did you use to get the pieces?
  • How much NP should I have if I want the lab map?

I know I sound like some organized freak, but I need to know if I actually have hope of getting the full lab :P

Hello! I'm currently sorta-trying to get the lab map so I can zap my pets purdy colors! :D Right now I have 3/9--all of them from RE since auctions don't like me and for some reason I can't find them on the trading post.

Anyways, I just want to ask the people who DO have lab maps:

•  
  • In your opinion, is it worth it? Useful?
  • How long did it take you to get it?
  • Around how much did you spend on it?
  • What do you mainly use it for? (Color/Species changing, battledome changing...)
  • What method did you use to get the pieces?
  • How much NP should I have if I want the lab map?

I know I sound like some organized freak, but I need to know if I actually have hope of getting the full lab :P

well it is useful and a quiet a bit gamble if you are a serious battledomer but to me it's worth it.

Yeah, I think it's worth it. But only if you're willing to spend over a million NP.

Thankfully I remembered the info for an old account which had it on! ^_^

I mainly use it for the species and hope to get a Draik one day. But I love getting good stats too ;)

Good luck achieving it! ^^

I think it was worth it. I originally got it to change colors / species but since I've started BD ing its been very helpful in getting my pets stats up too. It depends on what you're looking for. If you want a specific color pet you might be better off just saving for a paint brush.

Some of them you can just buy on the shop wizard. Here's a guide for the prices:

http://www.sunnyneo.com/lab_map_prices.php

I have a completed map on my old account. This was years and years ago before the prices were ridiculous. I think back then complete map sets were selling from 100k-250k, tops. But that's just me putting on my old-timer hat.

I personally have no interest in completing a secret lab map on my new account. I don't think the gamble is worth it, and I hate getting ugly pet colours/species changes. I also hate the gender changes.

Though it is the only reason I have a Darigan Lupe on the lab account. It also made my stats so far out of whack I gave up trying to balance them out so I could use the Mystery Island Training School. While there is a net gain for stats, they tend to be imbalancing and it can be hard if not impossible to keep your pet in a trainable status. But this is just my experience with it.

It is probably faster than the training school, and in the long run cheaper, though.

* In your opinion, is it worth it? Useful?

It's worth it for the color changes alone if you just like different colored pets

* How long did it take you to get it?

It should be fairly quick if you use the trading post..i had trouble with it too, you have to type in Secret Laboratory Map or something EXACTLY like that..its weird.

* Around how much did you spend on it?

I had 2 or 3 pieces already so it cost me about 800k

* What do you mainly use it for? (Color/Species changing, battledome changing...)

color change, although looking for a lutari

* What method did you use to get the pieces?

RE and trading post

* How much NP should I have if I want the lab map?

Id wait until you have 2 mil, so that way when you spend around 1 mil on it you still have a bunch of np leftover.

In your opinion, is it worth it? Useful?

DEFINITELY. Everyone should get a lab map! They're fun!

How long did it take you to get it?

I found a trade with 9 pieces and offered on it. To my extreme dismay, there were 2 of the same piece. :( I was able to get the other piece in about a half-hour. So altogether it took about 40 minutes.

Around how much did you spend on it?

960K (this was a couple of years ago)

What do you mainly use it for? (Color/Species changing, battledome changing...)

I have been able to get tons of avatars without borrowing, like Pink, Snow, etc. Now I'm just zapping for dreamies.

What method did you use to get the pieces?

TP

How much NP should I have if I want the lab map?

Idk what they go for these days. But I would get one NOW before they get any more expensive!

lol not really...I rarely get any changes at all, and my stats have all canceled each other out

about a month of searching auctions and TP for bargains

Hm. I was gifted some of the smaller pieces, and one of the bigger pieces...(and by bigger/smaller I mean in terms of NPs lol) so somewhere between 500-700k :)

randomly zapping a pound find with a good name and hoping for something interesting

Mostly for the lab ray scientist though xDD

KQ wins, auction sniping, TP hunting, SW sniping

Dunno how much they're going for now, but if you're starting with no pieces, probably about 1m

I personally wouldn't get another one though :P

•In your opinion, is it worth it? Useful?

It's not a very effective training method but it's worth it! The NP cost of the paint brushes I would've used had I not had the lab ray exceeds the cost of the ray itself.

•How long did it take you to get it?

I got it the first year I played Neopets, so I don't remember.

•Around how much did you spend on it?

All I know is that it was under 800K.

•What do you mainly use it for? (Color/Species changing, battledome changing...)

I zap in an attempt to get limited edition pets and robot/chocolate. I've gotten some awesome pets from it, notably two grey pets, a cybunny, a koi, and a korbat. Three of them have become my permanent pets. The colors I remember getting are snow, disco, starry, striped, speckled, grey, and jelly.

Edit: Just got a robot pet!!!! :D

•What method did you use to get the pieces?

I bought all of them from a single trader.

•How much NP should I have if I want the lab map?

It all depends on your luck! After buying all nine pieces I had the cheapest and most expensive pieces bestowed upon me by random events. It would've saved me about 250K :P.

Very worth it and useful IMO, *IF* you have a lot of patience (and possibly are willing to shell out for MP's occasionally if you want a particular species.) :)

I have it on my main and two sides...I don't think any of them took me too long, maybe up to a month; did a lot of saving and KQ-playing and I had it before I knew it.

At least 2 of the sets came almost entirely from pieces gained for free from REs/KQ so I spent very little, maybe 100-150k for whatever piece I was missing. A full set is running about 1.2 million on the TP last time I checked, but if you already have 3 pieces it's probably best to buy the other ones you need separately (as opposed to selling those 3 and buying a full set) -- Dekasin's petpage is good guide to current prices for particular pieces.

I use it for various things, depending the account. Main: mostly going for avatar pets I need and BD stats, don't have a particular color/species goal in mind for that lab pet right now. This paid off in the recent plot btw -- my lab pet is by far my best bd pet right now and I was able to get a lot more plot points through battling with him than I would otherwise have gotten. Side 1: is my candy-themed side, so I got it there for the sole purpose of zapping for a Chocolate pet, Jelly pet, and Mallow Grundo (all lab-only pets) -- again, it paid off; Jelly and Mallow are done, working on Chocolate. Side 2: winter-themed so got it originally to zap an Ice Hissi. Once I got her I used that lab to help with my candy pet goals (so I could lab for 2 at once); now that I only have one candy pet left, I use that account to adopt pets from the pound and try to zap other people's dream pets from the thread on TDN -- haven't had much luck with that so far but I did get that Fire Blumaroo, which was an avatar I needed at least. :P

Already said - most came from RE's/KQ. :) If you have time and a computer that can handle it I highly recommend Key Quest as a great way to get pieces (and even if you don't get a piece from your keys, you'll still have all the NP from playing and from selling the other prizes you get, which adds up quickly.) Also, I play a *ton* of Sakhmet Solitaire and other similar games -- mostly because I honestly enjoy playing them; but also because, while you won't get much NP from them directly, you do have a good chance of getting RE's because of all the refreshing. If you really hate the games I wouldn't spend the time (why play a game that isn't fun for you?), but if you like at least one of the "refresh" games like Pyramids, Solitaire or Dice-a-roo, I'd recommend trying to play them every day at least until you've won the NP limit (or in the case of Dice-a-roo until your pet refuses to play). There's no guarantee, of course, but who knows -- you might get a map piece, or an RE that gives you an expensive item like a Lutari Bead that you can sell to help your map fund.

I'd recommend going to Dekasin's petpage and adding up the prices for the pieces you still need (use the upper ends of the price ranges to be on the safe side) to set a saving goal. Then, save save save. :) I highly recommend putting your first 15k every day into the stock market if you don't already (not sure if you know how it works, if not just ask, it's not too complicated and is a great long-term investment); after that, put everything else into the bank and don't touch. ;) By the time you have the NP in the bank to buy the pieces you need, you should have a good investment in the stock market started so you won't be broke; and you might even find some more pieces you needed during the saving process so you won't need as much as you thought. Good luck! :D

I think it's worth it. I wasn't into the BD when I started playing Neopets but now I am and the stats I've gotten from the ray make it helpful.

I don't remember I got it about 4 years ago.

Again, I don't remember I got it about 4 years ago.

* What do you mainly use it for? (Color/Species changing, battledome changing...)

When I first got I used it for color and species change but now I just use it for stats hoping to get better colors/species too.

I think one RE which sparked my interest in the map then the trading post.

I don't know but I would make sure you have more than the amount needed so you you're not broke at the end.

If your just trying for colors/species and have one in mind it's probably a lot quicker to save up for the paintbrush then to hit what you want in the lab.

Definitely. I've gotten dream pets from it, and just have a lot of fun. (And definitely go for the petpet lab map as well. It's cheap and almost more fun than the actual pet ray.)

After I decided to get it, 10 minutes. (I bought a complete set)

About 1 million. They were asking a bit less for the set, but I added more so they'd take my offer over others.

Color/species changes

I haven't looked again. But I just searched the TP for complete sets.

At least 1.5 million.

I definitely think it is. The changes I have gotten (Disco, Robot, Pink, Desert, and many more) definitely cost more than the cost! Plus the amount of HP I have gotten....(my lab pet has gone from 17/17 to 165/165)

About 2 months because I refused to get the pieces for what people were asking. *giggle*

I got mine for around 500k. I got most of the pieces from Key Quest, so I didnt have to spend much! :D

I hope for color changes and stuff but I also zap for HP and Strength.

KQ KQ KQ!!! KQ is the BEST way to get Lab Map pieces in my opinion! I got the 2 most expensive ones and 2 of the least expensive ones from KQ!

You probably want to have 1 mil or so if you dont want to play tons of KQ.

Sure! While I have yet to get a dream pet out of it, I've got a few avatars from it!

The first time it took me a few weeks. This second time, it's taken me a few MONTHS because the price keeps fluctuating and won't stabilize.

The first time I played a lot of KQ and won 4 or 5 pieces. Then, I found one of the more expensive pieces in a shop for 10k and ended up buying the rest from a friend. I saved about 400k, when at the time a full set was in the 850k range.

Right now, I'm only using it specifically for one pet to get stats; however, I'm working on a second set to zap for clothes for my perm. pets.

Buying individually worked the best for me in the past and am slowly getting there again. Although if I just bought the lot when it was 800k, I wouldn't be in this mess haha

Over a million now, unfortunately. *side eye*

I have the Lab map and it was worth it to me just because it was one of my game goals.

I got it on the TP by trading a paintbrush, so luckily I didn't have to break the bank. Also, because I already had some pieces, I was able to complete the set on my main, and have half a set for my second account.

The pieces I bought on my own, I bought from various shops over a period of time. It hurt to part with points, especially since I had bank goals! :laughingsmiley:

I use it just for color/species changing. My stats on my Lab pet are pretty imbalanced-especially when it comes to defence, so that's not something I would use it for at all.

If you want the map, you'll definitely need to spend at least a mill, unless you have other things worth trading.

I have the Lab ray on two of my accounts, actually :)

One on my Main was first, but then I decided I wanted an extra one on my side.

I also want to get the Lab for another of my side accounts... :D

In my Own, Honest Opinion I do believe it is worth it :3

Although, I'm not zapping for any certain Species, or colors, or stats.

I'm just zapping because I was curious as to what it could do?

If that makes sense...

It took me around a Month to actually save up enough NP to get the first lab map set for my Main, but I got it all together from the Trading post which seemed faster than buying separately.

I'm sure if I got each piece separately It would have taken longer.

And, for my side account, It took me around a week or so of saving to get it :)

My Mum sold the set to me for a VERY discounted price. :O

One million NP, for one set for my main.

And my Mum sold me the second set for my side account, for 150k. :3

I just use the lab because... Well, Because I can?

I guess I just like the exitement it brings to my Neopets-Life, and it also helps me remember to come online every day?

Before I actually got the lab ray, I only logged onto neopets once every week or so.

As I stated above, I got them all on the trading post in full sets :3

I would say you should save up twice as much as you actually need to buy the Lab?

So around 2mil-3mil.

That way, after you actually buy the set you wont feel poor, and you'd have some NP left over for extra things like... The Petpet lab, Or maybe some specific Morphing Potions if you want to zap for a certain pet? :3

I think it is worth having and have what I call a Lab Rat as I would not want to risk my original Neopets there I have had a few colour changes and several gender changes as well as 1 species ghange. I am hoping fo a grey colour change and also a Draik or Krawk one day

Well, it got me my desert Lutari(who rocks), and I've occasionally got an avatar from it. I like it for also letting me test different colors and get different clothes.

About six months.

14,000, I got the rest of the pieces in REs, I play a lot of the card games, and bought the last piece. I'm working on a second one for my side with just RE's, lots of duplicates, but 7/9 done after five months.

Colour/Species changing, lab pets...dropped a tranparent Skeith in the pound, am doing the same with my current lab pet until I can get a Chomby.

REs and Keyquest, though I hate playing Keyquest enough I don't do it anymore.

Yeah, about 1-2 million. Depends how much you want it and how much you're willing to wait.