AdBlock Plus with TDN's Filter List

nightmareb4xmasfreak

I've been using the AdBlock Plus for Firefox (version 3.6.13) with TDN's filter list and I am very pleased with it except for ONE issue. When I try to play games that pop up in a new window, the entire screen stays grey and it is all recognized as an advertisement. I tried playing around with the settings on it and refreshing to see if I could get the game to work, but I could not. The issue is not having the correct plug-ins; I tested this theory and opened the game in Safari {Version 4.0.3 (6531.9)} and the game worked fine. Has this been a problem for others? Am I missing a topic or update that fixes this issue? I'd love to play Hannah and the Pirate Caves again, as it was a favorite of mine when I first started playing Neopets when I was young.

EDIT: I am working on a Macbook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.1.

ANOTHER EDIT: All I have managed to do by tweaking is make the footer advertisement come back. =.=

I can't say that I've had the problem and I'm not really enough of a computer buff to try to tell you how to fix it but if it is always Hannah and the pirates game that you are having problems with, it may just be a shockwave issue. Shockwave games on neopets are notoriously stupid in not working ever for no apparent reason. Case and point my computers never load Gourmet Bowls and only load hannah 1/2 the time :rolleyes_anim: if it is shockwave that is your issue then there sadly is no fix other than refreshing or trying a new browser. Does Maths Nightmare or Spacerocked work? Those two are pop up that are not shockwave so if they aren't working then you may feel free to disregard my previous information.

I can't say that I've had the problem and I'm not really enough of a computer buff to try to tell you how to fix it but if it is always Hannah and the pirates game that you are having problems with, it may just be a shockwave issue. Shockwave games on neopets are notoriously stupid in not working ever for no apparent reason. Case and point my computers never load Gourmet Bowls and only load hannah 1/2 the time :rolleyes_anim: if it is shockwave that is your issue then there sadly is no fix other than refreshing or trying a new browser. Does Maths Nightmare or Spacerocked work? Those two are pop up that are not shockwave so if they aren't working then you may feel free to disregard my previous information.

Maths Nightmare appears to be working fine.

Spacerocked is stuck on the Loading Game part and will not load.

Hmm... I've done some testing and I can't seem to get Spacerocked to load, even with ABP disabled. And unfortunately I'll have to switch operating systems before I can test Shockwave. I'd be happy to dissect the problem and alter our filter lists to fix it, but if it doesn't load even with blocking disabled, I can't figure out which filters are causing the problem. :(

I can't get Spacerocked to load with no ad blocking at all. I recommend sending TNT a ticket for that game, so that they can maybe fix it. As for Hannah, none of the Shockwave games work for most people. TNT is aware of this, but they seem to be unable to fix it. I hope they decide to reprogram those games in HTML 5 or Flash, so that they work for everyone again. I still need that avatar!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone happen to know the list of Neopets Shockwave games? Haven't been able to find online...

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.