What do you do for a living?

brandongamer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a job now, but I'm looking, since I have to move out on my own by summer >_<

I'm in CEGEP at the moment studying health science, in another year I'll be done my program and go to university in either engineering or something physics related. Then when I'm done my undergrad, I'll either continue in the same field, or try and get into medicine :).

I'm just a senior high school student. Read: I don't live.

But I do work! I babysit (for which I sometimes get paid), tutor (for which I do not get paid), and keep tabs on everything in the school drama department (for which I CERTAINLY do not get paid.)

I'm taking a masters degree in law at the university, so I'm a full-time student. In Norway you can support yourself with just the student loan and scholarship (which is for everyone, and half the loan becomes scholarship when you pass your exams - and best of all, school is free!), but I just got a job in finance because I think the experience is great.

Edig: new job :)

I work in a kitchen, cooking for both a cozy little restaurant and the rowdy western bar it's attached to (don't ask me how that happened). I'm going to culinary school in September, so I'm just gaining experience for that until I leave in a few months. Perks: free food, but we just came out with a new burger menu and I've cooked so many of them that if I never eat another burger again I'll be happy.

I did an apprenticeship in a small garden center^^

Now I work in a candy store =D

But only half-part I have to learn because I want my matura. (general qualification for university entrance)

You can do that after grammar school or after an apprenticeship with a special school.

My entrance examination is in march ><

Im sooo afraid oÒ

I am unemployed currently, but I'm looking -- for pretty much anything! Otherwise I'm a stay-at-home-mom.

There are some really interesting jobs people have had on here! So cool. I wish I could do online work and stuff. That would be awesome to stay at home.

The only thing I do for money is surveys and stuff (PS if anyone wants to get some referrals to sites that actually pay, I'm your girl!)

Right now I work full time at a salon and spa and part time at a hip downtown restaurant. Very part time. Like, once a week ish. I do it more for the social aspects than making any extra money :laughingsmiley:

But...I am going back to university in the fall! And I couldn't be more excited!

I'm in the US Navy. That will change soon as I'm being medically discharged. I plan on going to law school in the fall of 2012, which means probably no more Neo after that. Being a grownup is kind of no fun sometimes.

No cash paying job for me, at the moment, but m husband and I are raising our twin daughters, and that gives lots of pay in giggles and slobbery kisses. ^^

Have you ever tried to make your own website to make money? I know TDN is making money from its main site.

II'm 15 years old, so I don't have a real job. But in the holidays, I work in a cattery. It's really nice to take care for animals. I don't really do it for the money, because I don't get much for it, but it's just great to do. :)

Wow Ethelune, I'm really jealous at you! That must be amazing ^_^

I'm almost 22, living expenses paid, in exchange for housekeeping and kitty-sitting.

I'm the Creative Director and Co-Founder of a Gourmet and Medicinal Mushroom and mushroom growing supplies business.

I designed and built our website, and come up with marketing techniques, as well as help sell product at markets.