I'm back :)

Guest Back to December

Guest Back to December

Well, it has certainly been a long time since I left TDN and Neopets. The truth is, I swore never to play Neopets again due to the simple fact that I wasn't very supportive of TNT's methods (aka freezing my accounts). So I quit, back in September (on the 1st). I managed many months (if you consider 3-4 months a lot - cold turkey btw) without going to either website (well, I visited TDN spontaneously) and managed to do other things like finding other communities on Twitter and so forth.

However, as the Altador Cup further approaches (and it looms in the distance for now), I feel an urge to come back. Take what you want from me: plots, Daily Dare, even the NC Mall, but if you take away the Altador Cup...well, then. That event is my nemesis and the only reason that had made me come back. Okay, maybe restocking. And definitely for a community that is as good as TDN. I don't know how much it has evolved in these past months I've been away, but this is certainly (and I always thought it, and now I confirm it) the best Neopets community on the web. Ever.

If you don't exactly know me, I used to be the guy behind all the TDN Altador Cup coverage during season (well, one of the main people. I'm not going to lie - it takes a very collaborative effort from everyone to make that coverage amazing). I used to be a former member of WAM (We Are Maraqua!), KILL (Krawk Island Living Legends) and most recently, SOTAC (these are Altador Cup groups). And former Battlepedia Administrator during offseason.

Have I changed? Well, in my personal life, yes. On my "Neo" one? Yes to that as well. Being away from Neo all these months made me realize that I was getting progressively bored when I spent time online. I'm not a fan of spending my whole day on Facebook (I hardly can stand a few minutes of it) - even on Neo I used to spend around 3-4h when I was addicted.

And since college semester holidays are around the corner, I'll need something to do. So, yeah, I'm back. I love you guys. :)

Guest Back to December

Welcome back! I love 'Back to December,' I think she's outdone herself on 'Speak Now,' if you ask me. :wub_anim:

I used to like Facebook but since I invited my family to join, it hasn't been as fun even though I adore them.

haha, anyways, the point is: welcome back!

Thanks! :)

I love Taylor Swift, she's amazing. All her albums are fantastic and Speak Now is the pinnacle of her songwriting ability. She "opened the doors" for me to explore country music and other artists as well (like Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, etc...), and for that I am forever grateful. I now love that genre.

Facebook is nice, but I prefer Twitter, mainly because you can follow people with your interests and so on there, while Facebook is more of a "oh i know you irl" kind of website.

I love Taylor Swift, she's amazing. All her albums are fantastic and Speak Now is the pinnacle of her songwriting ability. She "opened the doors" for me to explore country music and other artists as well (like Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, etc...), and for that I am forever grateful. I now love that genre.

So do I! She's my favorite solo artist, and does my favorite song. (In case your wondering, my favorite band is the Beatles, and my favorite song is You Belong With Me).

Guest Back to December

So do I! She's my favorite solo artist, and does my favorite song. (In case your wondering, my favorite band is the Beatles, and my favorite song is You Belong With Me).

The Beatles are legendary and Abbey Road is probably the best album ever (not exactly my opinion, I'm not a hugggggge fan of The Beatles, but I recognize that they shaped music).

You Belong With Me is a beautiful song, but my favorite song on Fearless is Love Story. :P

The Beatles are legendary and Abbey Road is probably the best album ever (not exactly my opinion, I'm not a hugggggge fan of The Beatles, but I recognize that they shaped music).

You Belong With Me is a beautiful song, but my favorite song on Fearless is Love Story. :P

Yep, they sure are. :)

I like Love Story too.

Guest Back to December

Oh dear lord, how can you declare love for "Abbey Road" and Taylor Swift in the same sentence?

:sad02:

*takes deep breath* Don't mind me, carry on with your thread.

Hehe. xD Well, awesome things must be mentioned. :P

Just realized you're from Tennessee...Nashville?

Guest Back to December

Yes I live in southeast Nashville :)

I hear that TS was discovered right here in our Bluebird Cafe.

My husband's dad is Portuguese actually.

Epic. xD I'd love to go to Nashville one day, music city. Do you love country music (apart from Taylor)? xD

Epic. xD I'd love to go to Nashville one day, music city. Do you love country music (apart from Taylor)? xD

Meh, I wouldn't say I love it per se, I have to be in a certain mood. And when I am in the mood, it's usually people like Dwight Yoakam and Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks that I loooove.

Actually I've never considered Taylor Swift to be a country singer. To me she's kinda crossover pop. Too pop for country, and almost too country for pop, but far more pop than country.

Anyway,

Nashville is a great place to visit, imho. It's not too terribly big so you don't get exhausted walking around seeing stuff. Also the state of Tennessee as a whole is just very real and down-to-earth. You don't have to go far out of Nashville for authentic country food and music! It's a beautiful place to live and I love it very very much.

Guest Back to December

Well, if there was one place in the US where I'd like to live, it'd be Nashville, TN. I'm not a city guy (cities like NY and SF just are too much for me, even though they're awesome to visit), and even though Nashville is a city, it's not that big compared to a huge city (try walking around London like I did once, for example, ugh). And plus it has good music, good food, and the NFL team I support is from Nashville - the Titans (the other are the Cowboys, from Arlington, TX)!

As for Taylor, she's crossover from country into pop. Kind of like Carrie Underwood (one of her albums is pop-ish), but she's more country-sounding. I definitely love Miranda Lambert though, Revolution (just to name one of her albums) is one heck of an album and the lyrics are witty, true to country and has a fantastic voice.

Guest Back to December

Welcome back :) I'm not sure if you remember me or not. I remember you from around AC time last year.

And to throw it out there, I'm also a big Beatles fan, as well as Taylor Swift. :P

Awesome! :D Thanks. I definitely remember you, anyone that isn't exactly new I can still remember. :)

As someone whose musical tastes are still only beginning to develop, I'm afraid all this is a bit over my head. xD But anyway...

Welcome back HBK! :D You do remember your favourite painfully slow writer right? I knew you'd come back for the AC at the very least. ;)