Obama?

UnitheXweetok

Is Obama doing a good job? I think he is.

1. Everybody around me criticizes him, but I think it is residual rascism.

2. He passed that good healthcare bill!

3. His speech at Tuscon and earlier about the State of the Union was awesome.

4. So what do you think?

Ok. I have a bone to pick with this topic (and topics like it). This is a debate forum. Debate requires information. It requires an initial standpoint, backed up with facts, and examples. The topic you have created has none of those. No facts, or examples to back up your opinion. It's also a simple question that could be answered with a yes or no answer. If you'd like to revise your topic to be an actual debate, I would be more than happy to participate.

Ok. I have a bone to pick with this topic (and topics like it). This is a debate forum. Debate requires information. It requires an initial standpoint, backed up with facts, and examples. The topic you have created has none of those. No facts, or examples to back up your opinion. It's also a simple question that could be answered with a yes or no answer.

Sure, in a formal type of debate, but this is the 'net, right? Formality flies right out the window.

As for Obama...geez, I don't know. I voted for him.

How much can one person accomplish when they have to contend with our amazingly dysfunctional Congress?

Actually so far he's done more for the States then any president before him. He's doing well and it's a shame that so many people insist on criticizing EVERYTHING he does.

Well, Rose is right. It says quite clearly in the rules that:

6. Do not just state your opinion and run away. Back it up with facts; that's a part of a good debate!

Sorry to be a stickler, but please try to explain why you have your stance and not just state your opinion. Give us some facts so we can have a good debate. Formality isn't out the window, or els3 i cud talk lik thi5.

Also sorry if this counts as back-seat modding, but I'd just prefer to have a good debate instead of people simply saying "yes" or "no".

I'd like to point out that Obama has not done more for the States than any other president before him. What about FDR and his New Deal and his fighting in WWII? Or even Abraham Lincoln, who kept our country together?

And honestly, people have a right to criticize him. Right now, with our economy at its current state, is it right to be focusing on health care reform? I mean, it's really expensive, and it'll tax our economy more than it can handle. Not only that, but we're throwing away money in the Stimulus Package (have you seen improvement yet?) and constantly furthering ourselves in debt and this recession. The president simply hasn't done enough to support permanent job growth (stimulus only creates temporary jobs).

I'm Canadian so I probably shouldn't even be putting in my opinion because I don't know nearly as much about the American government as an American, but I will anyway, because I want to haha.

I don't think the criticism has anything to do with racism. There are very little people left in the United-States who are racist against black people. Racism has moved to other minority groups, such as Muslims, but that's a different discussion.

I actually listened to his state of the union speech, and I agree, he had good ideas to improve the United-States in lots of different ways, which is wonderful. However, I think this whole "winning the future" thing is twisted. Shouldn't the United-States work along side other countries, instead of trying to "beat" them? Making a country more environmentally friendly, improving the educational system, improving the economy, all that isn't a competition. If anything, I think the United-States would benefit from help from other countries, but of course that would not be acceptable. I just think it is a strange mentality. I think the entire planet should "win the future" together. Call me a hippy, whatever, haha.

• 1 month later...

I don't pay attention much, but i don't much care for the fact he's taking vacations every month when that money could go to shelters. And if I recall, didn't he launch an air strike or something like that on Libya? He's just making us look bad by being nosey in other countries. But really, as long as I don't get blown to bits by his stupidity, I'm cool with him.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.