Faerie Ruin's prizes

Rachany

The Best Prize  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which prize do you think is most worth it?

• Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting
    • Faerie Paint Brush
    • Faerielands Destruction Background
    • Captive Shadow Wraith
    • Hanso Charisma Charm
    • Altador Strength Potion
    • Jazans Guyliner
    • Hansos Legitimately Acquired Dagger
    • Other (Please specify)

Sorry to those who have no choice but to pick the 'other' button): but I'm just one of those people that pick up expensive items and go "oooh! look! its so shiny! *grovels*"

Oh and by the way, these are NOT in the order I would pick them in, I just started from the most 'valuable' and picked the top 5. I know that Jazan's guyliner *giggles* comes before Altador's strength potion, but I saw lots of people talking bout' the potion, so I it just came to my mind before I decided to put on the guyliner.

Please post what you think is the most worth it item if you picked other!

Also, I would also appreciate when you voted (for any of them) to state why you picked that item and what type of Neopian you are! E.g. Battledomer, a 'spiffier' (someone who dresses up/paint their pets), a collector (what type?), a normal restocker who goes for anything, or a random Neopian who would like to become one or more of the earlier>thats meXD

I voted for the Faerielands Destruction Background. I love customizing, especially with backgrounds. (And painting. The Faerie PB would be second, since I'm now going to be able to paint my Draik it's dream color Faerie tons sooner than before.)

I went with the Faerie Paint Brush, because it's not really that expensive (in terms of plot points) and it's a great NP item.

Lots of neopet dreams will come true because of this prize :)

On the personal side though, since I already have a Faerie Paint Brush, I'm waiting to see which Battledome prize is the best :D

Yeah, I wonder about this, too. In the past, I always go with books and buy the most plot-point expensive ones. ...And end up with lots of worthless (in term of NP) junk. I really wish to avoid that stuff this time. Anyone know if there is a good analysis of the prizes price.

I voted for the Hanso Charisma Charm, simply because that seems to be the consensus on the Neoboards. BDers are saying it's a complete Dark blocker, so it renders the Ring of the Lost (a top prize from the LDP) completely useless. Personally, I haven't spent a single point yet. I'm going to wait it out, see what becomes of all this madness, and hopefully will be able to make some informed decisions that will end with me making millions of NPs in the years to come. I don't mind shoving stuff in my SDB and waiting it out. :P

I agree with the petpet. Who ever gets to have a bad ... petpet like that? He's cool looking and the other stuff isn't really that great.

Like the sword, its only good really if you are a battledome person and need stuff like that.

The potion is good i guess if you want to level up your neopets on their skills.

I voted for Hansos Charm. I read somewhere that physical icons are easy to block, so the Sword isn't very effective. I've also been wanting to upgrade Golden Compass so this weapon is perfect.

Battledome weapons and stat increasers are important to me. Wearables are next in priority, but I only get them if they look good on my favorite pet.

The Petpet I'll get if it makes a good profit.

I guess it all depends on what you're trying to get. As far as customization, I really like the background. But then again, I'm with those people who are waiting to see how to make money--then you can just buy whatever you want. The sword is cool, but it's just too many points for me to spend on something I won't use too much. This is my first big plot, so I was surprised at the quality of the prizes in general :)

anyone know if the price of the brush has gone up/down lately? last time i checked it was about 1.2 mil

I think the price is still about the same. They're selling it for around 1.2-1.4M in the auctions right now.

Just my two cents though: with all the supply of Faerie PBs, it's bound to drop to around 800k-900k if people want to make instant NPs instead of waiting for their PBs to gather dust in the TPs...

Given that the Ring of the Lost was in the tens of millions and the Hanso's Charisma Charm has the upside of being much better and the downside of being more widely introduced into the community, it'll take longer for the price to rise, but it will probably be worth a few million down the road.

I think the only reason I'd get the Faerie PB right now (as opposed to waiting three years) is to paint another pet. It's a shame the charisma charm is so cheap, it should've been the 50000 point prize.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...

the sword is probably the best long-term value, but i think i would've gone straight for the faerie pb~ (i'm more into instant gratification <3)

I fall into the clueless-Neopian-who-just-repeats-what-others-say category.

haha, i'm exactly the same!

Instant gratification-it's satisfying in the short run but I almost always regret the choices I make on impulse. Hence I never paint a pet unless they remain on my dream list for at least six months (that's so I can differentiate between the things I actually want and the things that look good because (insert name here) has them).

I still don't know what to spend the rest of my points on :P

Instant gratification-it's satisfying in the short run but I almost always regret the choices I make on impulse. Hence I never paint a pet unless they remain on my dream list for at least six months (that's so I can differentiate between the things I actually want and the things that look good because (insert name here) has them).

I still don't know what to spend the rest of my points on :P

LOL I haven't spent a single point yet--I have absolutely no idea what to buy it with (not to mention that I've been feeling extremely lazy to redeem my plot prizes).

Is it just me or do the prizes seem less exciting after the commotion on prizes back when the prize shop was first opened?