ALP issues

Sakeru_Kyori

So my problem is that it takes forever to get something from the ALP.

So I ask is there more then one person who does the lending I could talk to?

Can't remember if I've asked that before. I was supposed to be 7th in line for the Queen Fyora Doll for the Avatar yet I haven't recived it yet or a reply back from asking what was going on with it. I asked that question December 6th 2010.

I asked to get the Doll the first time September 22nd 2010. And I just sent another asking about it again today.

I know we're supposed to be all patient and everything and that we should concider that the lender person has a life and can't be on TDNF all the time. I get and understand that, but come on it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for one user to use the Doll real quick and then give it back.

I just beleive I should have gotten it by now, thats all.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘TDN Questions’.

Considering the fact that that doll is rare and expensive (meaning the avatar is, too), there are a lot of people waiting to lend that. I'm sure someone who is in charge of the ALP will see your post and you'll be able to speak to someone about it. If you didn't receive a reply, your application also might not have been accepted. I'm not 100% sure about how the ALP works, in detail, but the main thing is to remain patient and you'll get the doll. Meanwhile just keep earning NP for the next expensive item you want to lend :)

The staffer in charge of the item lends can probably explain this better, but here's the just of it: The thing with items lends is that we don't just toss the item to the lendee then have them send it back. They have to give us collateral for the item, meaning we have to set up a trade, have them offer the proper collat, accept it, wait for them to get back on and use it, and then repeat in reverse. Between the natural length of such a thing and various time zones, a single lend tends to take at least a day or two.

In the case of items with more than 800k collat (which includes the FQD, at 1.6 mil), we usually have to do this through auctions which is garunteed to take at least two if not three days. On top of all that, between lends we have to be sure the next person in line still wants to borrow it and still has the proper collat. Once again, this can take a fair bit of time.

Also, people have a noted tendency to take a while to get the item back to us. Yes, it bugs us but there's nothing we can do about it except pester them with NMs. So when it boils right down to it, the lend of a single item, from the intial NM to confirm they still want it to accepting the return trade (or letting the return auction finish), takes at least 3 days but can take up to 5 or 6.

And beyond the normal time lengths for such things, Dec 2010 we had new staffers taking over various aspects of the ALP, as well as our head taking a vacation, which backed things up a bit.

Yes yours seems to have been held over a little longer than usual, but you should be near the top of the list by now.

You've never been on my list for FQD - I'm up to the people who requested in early-mid January now. At the point I took over lending FQD (Dec 20), there were 16 pending FQD requests and as Anime's tried to explain each one takes several days at the very least... so catching up on the backlog is a long process.

Our staff member who was lending FQD prior to Dec 20 this year did not leave me any list other than the unread/pending requests in our ticket system (she also didn't leave the FQD, so I had to buy a new one!) but by your September date, you requested prior to our ticketing system being released, right? You asked via the old forums account? There were no messages left in that account when we switched over so it would seem that she had forgotten you >_< Also, if you asked your question to that old account on December 6 - well, there's been no-one checking that account since we moved everything to the subsite here.

You're welcome. I'm glad the issue is figured out now. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.