Greasemonkey Question: Will I get iced?

doublehelix

I use Greasemonkey in order to change the color on my tumblr, basically it's a customization tool. But some people use it to cheat, send scores, hack the shop wizard, etc etc. Recently,

I downloaded a theme that changes the color of the neo sidebar without actually having the theme. (Such as the altador sidebar when I don't have it.) But, it doesn't show on my profile that I have any extras, therefore it's not actually changing my account or making it more valuable. But I want a second opinion.

I've read that everyone who uses neo should uninstall neo apps for greasemonkey because TNT can tell, and may freeze you.

Does anyone know if I should uninstall it or not? Or does TNT only detect cheating on scores, the shop wizard, automatic avatar grabbers, etc?

Thanks

--

Nevermind, I uninstalled the neopets sidebar theme because it was erroring, but I am continuing to use it for tumblr.

This post has been edited by a member of staff ("AA") because of a violation of the forum rules.

For the sake of neatness, please edit your posts instead of double posting. Thanks. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

As long as you aren't using Greasemonkey to cheat, you should be fine. I'm sure that TNT has at least an inkling of technical competence in its ranks... then again, I have more confidence in TNT than most. :P

But you should probably give any user scripts you install a quick screening, just to make sure they're not doing anything fishy (if you're not familiar with JavaScript, you could always post them here for a check).

I use Greasemonkey in order to change the color on my tumblr, basically it's a customization tool. But some people use it to cheat, send scores, hack the shop wizard, etc etc. Recently,

I downloaded a theme that changes the color of the neo sidebar without actually having the theme. (Such as the altador sidebar when I don't have it.) But, it doesn't show on my profile that I have any extras, therefore it's not actually changing my account or making it more valuable. But I want a second opinion.

I've read that everyone who uses neo should uninstall neo apps for greasemonkey because TNT can tell, and may freeze you.

Does anyone know if I should uninstall it or not? Or does TNT only detect cheating on scores, the shop wizard, automatic avatar grabbers, etc?

Thanks

--

Nevermind, I uninstalled the neopets sidebar theme because it was erroring, but I am continuing to use it for tumblr.

This post has been edited by a member of staff ("AA") because of a violation of the forum rules.

For the sake of neatness, please edit your posts instead of double posting. Thanks. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ehhh... I guess this could go either way. TNT has their good days and their bad days, but so long as you AREN'T using it to cheat, you at least have that to say if TNT gets mean about it. Not saying they for sure will, but it's TNT so there's always a slight chance they'd misinterpret. *shrug*

As long as you aren't using Greasemonkey to cheat, you should be fine. I'm sure that TNT has at least an inkling of technical competence in its ranks... then again, I have more confidence in TNT than most. :P

But you should probably give any user scripts you install a quick screening, just to make sure they're not doing anything fishy (if you're not familiar with JavaScript, you could always post them here for a check).

Same here (on the TNT opinion part).

Yeah. I've never heard of Greasemonkey, but it sounds peculiar. I would definitely look into it... My instinct naturally says that something often used for cheating probably has something bad all around...

Since you've already uninstalled the program, I'll close the post.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.