My entire Neopets has gone into code???

Tank Girl

"//nott // reference.inc // contains all the arrays such as strength descriptions etc... // by Adam Powell © 1999 Shout! Advertising Function descword( $val ) { // *Text is returned in masculine form for non-English sites if ( $val < 40 ) return "GREAT ($val)"; if ( $val < 60 ) return "EXCELLENT ($val)"; if ( $val < 80 ) return "AWESOME ($val)"; if ( $val < 100 ) return "AMAZING ($val)"; if ( $val < 150 ) return "LEGENDARY ($val)"; return "ULTIMATE ($val)"; } Function descword_fem( $val ) { // *Text is returned in feminine form for non-English sites if ( $val < 40 ) return "GREAT ($val)"; if ( $val < 60 ) return "EXCELLENT ($val)"; if ( $val < 80 ) return "AWESOME ($val)"; if ( $val < 100 ) return "AMAZING ($val)"; if ( $val < 150 ) return "LEGENDARY ($val)"; return "ULTIMATE ($val)"; } // // Returns an intelligence string // // *Text is returned in masculine form for non-English sites Function intelligence_desc ( $intel ) { if ( $intel >= 95 ) { return "ULTIMATE GENIUS ($intel)"; } else if ( $intel >= 60 ) { return "master genius ($intel)"; } else if ( $intel >= 55 ) { return "total genius ($intel)"; } else if ( $intel >= 50 ) { return "mega genius ($intel)"; } else if ( $intel >= 45 ) { return "super genius ($intel)"; } else if ( $intel >= 40 ) { return "genius"; } else if ( $intel >= 35 ) { return "brilliant"; } else if ( $intel >= 30 ) { return "very clever"; } else if ( $intel >= 25 ) { return "clever"; } else if ( $intel >= 20 ) { return "bright"; } else if ( $intel >= 15 ) { return "above average"; } else if ( $intel >= 10 ) { return "average"; } else if ( $intel >= 5 ) { return "dull"; } else {//" ..... it goes on!

Every page is this code! I don't understand what's going on and I'm really worried I could be being hacked!

Has anyone else experienced this ??

Don't worry - that is harmless PHP; specifically, it's just random coding used around the site (i.e. to display the correct icon image while battling in the BD). A programmer probably just made an error somewhere.

You weren't hacked. That's a ridiculous thing to assume.

Some database probably crashed so the site isn't loading everything properly.

I think it's a perfectly valid assumption, there's no need for that :)

You weren't hacked. That's a ridiculous thing to assume.

Some database probably crashed so the site isn't loading everything properly.

it's not ridiculous at all, maybe we don't have the same tech knowledge as you, but that doesn't mean it's ridiculous to ask.

I'm less surprised that it crashed and more surprised that it K'O'ed the Red Petrie of Doom. Of course crashed is probably too strong of a word...

The code itself seems slightly haphazard, mostly concerning what I think are auto corrections.

And most odd of all, the NC Shop is just fine.

For those of you who were wondering what the code is, it's just the code for all of the stats on your active Neopet. It showed which numbers correspond to which value (e.g. intel >95 == MASTER GENIUS), which I thought was pretty cute. In other words the code doesn't really appear to have anything to do with what was broken, since I doubt that anyone was changing that part of the code. Its really no different than the picture of your active at the bottom of the screen (but it's code so everyone thinks "OMG NEOPETS IS HAXXORDED!!!11")

Also, if you're ever wondering if you are the only person experiencing something crazy like this, go to twitter and search for neopets. If its a site wide issue then lots of people will be whining about it :P

I guess it's fixed now. I understand how weird that must have looked. (By the time I signed on, it was fixed.)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.