Question about Neopets trading

aznmahjongboy

Person A and Person B agrees to trade their respective neopet A and neopet B. Person A initiates the trade by starting the transfer. Person A uses the transfer option and picks Person B's neopet B. Is Person B allowed to back out of the trade after the transfer was already used? Is it considered scamming if Person B backs out of the trade after the two people reached an agreement to trade their neopets?

Umm, I don't really think it would be considered scamming but it would definitely not be very nice of the person to back out. If no np or pets change hands I'm not really sure anything could be considered scamming, just them changing their minds.

Your wording's a little ambiguous so I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

If they were using the *trade* function, and Person B simply did not accept the trade, then that would be OK. Annoying for the person who lost the transfer, but perfectly legal as far as I know.

If they were just using regular transfers and Person A had already transferred their pet over to Person B's account, then this would obviously not be OK. They had agreed earlier that they would be trading pets, so not tranferring Pet B over to Person A's account would be scamming. TNT has explicitly stated in the NT that this is not OK (unlike the open pound, transfers are more of a contract) and they will try to freeze people who do it. (Moral of the story - use the trade function if you're trading pets).

TNT said in editorials that while it's not exactly a scam, it is highly discouraged and is a reportable offense, especially if the other pet was a custom. . It won't get you frozen the first time, but if the other person reported you you'll most probably get a warning. And you might get frozen if you repeated it.

I am not positive but I believe that if Person A had spent money on the pet so Person B would agree to trade then it is considered a scam.

If neopoints exchanged hands as a result of this pet trade, for example if one party bought the pet off of the other, I believe it would be a freezable offense for both parties.