Saddam

Chipmonker

Well the media has been absolutely freaking out. They're calling that Saddam will be hung within the next day for crimes against humanity. And even if they don't hang him right away - the whole thing is literally imminent.

What is your position on this execution?

... in terms of Death Penalty or the status of Iraq or whatever really.

And control yourselves people, unlike some people sometimes ...

(:whistle: Who me?)

Well I think he should be hung because he killed numerous family members of him and lots of other people and he's probably going to keep killing so he deserves to be hung.

I'm unsure. It is basically a crime, and why punish a crime with a crime? I'm definately not with death by hanging - it's a cruel and unjust way to kill someone.

But it's up to the Iraqi's. They have their constitution and have come to a mostly democratic trial with verdict - so, as much as I'm opposed to death by hanging (not so much death of Saddam himself), it's up to them.

thats true, i think it be a better justice to lock him up in one of the cells which you can't kill yourself

its like a cell they placed the ipswich killer in, there is no aspect where they can kill them selves and they just have to live with the torture of the jail for the rest of his life.

Hanging isn't really punishment (well it is) but all the punishment he placed on others i feel he should live with his punishment

thats true, i think it be a better justice to lock him up in one of the cells which you can't kill yourself

its like a cell they placed the ipswich killer in, there is no aspect where they can kill them selves and they just have to live with the torture of the jail for the rest of his life.

Hanging isn't really punishment (well it is) but all the punishment he placed on others i feel he should live with his punishment

I thought the Ipswich killer wasn't found. Well, I have not up-to-date info because I don't live in Europe.

nah was big conference last week that they found him, and been locked up in a unsuicidal (can't commit suicide) cell

but now i read that he may have killed more than 5 before, the prostetutes that went missing in 1999-2005 in t6hat area may have been killed tby the same man as same method etc

I'm torn with the death penalty. I mean, he deserves to be hung. But this isnt the Salem Witch Trials. We are capable of killing him in more civilized ways. Like, poison. Painful, but not that bad. Getting hung and getting drowned have the same pain. Choking for air. *shudders*

I dunno if I agree with the death penalty... I mean, the kill someone for killing thing is kinda like Hammurabi's Code, which was faulty, but some people don't seem to deserve to be walkin around after they killed lots o people. Saddam killed lots and lots of people, and masterminded killing many more. Much of America and other nations would rejoyce if he was killed, but there would still be an inkling of doubt as to if it was ethical. There is always doubt to whether the death penalty is ethical. Some agree, some don't. But Saddam deserves more than prison, in my opinion.

yeah lethal injection would be better but either way, aren't we doing what he was doing, Killing.

Killing (if you think about it) is getting off easy, after the thousands he killed 1 minute of pain not even that is childs play, he should have years of torture but like you lot are saying its all up to the Iraq decison

but when they do hang him, there will be alot of trouble out there, he has loasds of haters but there are some people that still repsct him, and they will be the ones that will start the trouble.

If they do, they should have the hanging unviewable abd shouldn't discuss the time and then bury him with a unmarked grave so no-one will know what happened and that would prevent all teh trouble

^^ I agree, but even when he goes to jail and when dies there, there will still be trouble. And who knows, what if he goes to jail and SOMEHOW gets set free?

Sunni insergants were rallying around the idea that Saddam would escape during his trial and lead them against the Americans and the Shiites.

But now that he is sentenced to hang, there will definetely be violence. And there will be Shiite return violence after that.

Edit: I just looked up the news on Google. It says he will be hung today at 10 pm ET ~ 3 1/2 hours from now

"Getting hung and getting drowned have the same pain. Choking for air. *shudders*"

Actually, most countries have phased out that method nowadays. Hanging now entails the criminal to stand on a platform with the noose around his neck. The executioner pulls a lever, and the platform falls through. Essentially, his neck is broken when the rope reaches its length.

Execution - in any form - isn't a pretty thing. I don't support it, but then again, Saddam DID kill a lot of people. I hate to have double standards, but in this case, death penalty = bad; death penalty to Saddam = acceptable.

Have a read: http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....me-C1-topNews-3