Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, and Famicom Disk System

Tedhaun

I'm sorry if I started this 2 and a half months late, but I see that no one ever noticed the 25th anniversary of the original Nintendo Entertainment System (or NES for short) over here. Still, anytime is a great time to look back at the NES, right? I'm letting you know, I'm a big fan of the original NES myself, even though it wasn't of my generation. I made this topic for all of the dedicated NES fans and nostalgics (like myself) of The Daily Neopets.

18389-nes.png

Discussion about the Famicom, Famicom Disk System, and the European NES (as well the games released for these) are also allowed in this topic.

I actually collect NES games and accessories back at home (along with stuff for other Nintendo systems).

Mind I share some of my favourite games for the system? I happen to like some of the more seldom seen NES games myself.

Clu Clu Land- One of the first games ever to be released for the system. This was a new experience for me at first, but it does take some getting used to, though.

Battletoads- One of the better action games made for the system. If you never heard of it, this game's more of a fresh alternative to the Ninja Turtles if you ask many NES nostalgics (including myself).

Super Spy Hunter (Famicom name: Battle Formula)- Have you ever played any shoot-'em-up games with a shapeshifting automoblie before? If you haven't, try this one out. It's one of the more harder games for the system, I've beaten it about 8 or 10 times myself.

Fire 'N Ice (European PAL name: Solomon's Key 2)- One of the more elusive NES games I own. This game is really the prequel (rather than a sequel) to Solomon's Key, but this logic-puzzle game has a different gameplay engine than the previous game.

Kirby's Adventure- I've got to admit, I actually like Kirby's Adventure as a decent 2D side-scroller over Super Mario Bros. 3 (no offense). Hence late release, this particular title remains a favourite among NES fans old and new alike. I'm just as big a Kirby fan as I am with the NES.

Bubble Bobble Part 2- Another very rare NES game I own. Not to be confused with Rainbow Islands, this game really plays more like the original Bubble Bobble (with a few added controls). Just to let you know, this game is coveted by NES game collectors, making this one a truly elusive find.

Wario's Woods- This is really the last game ever to be released for the original NES (back in December 1994). If you liked playing Tetris and Dr. Mario, I truly recommend Wario's Woods as another good puzzle game for the old NES.

Any NES memories or personal favourite NES games you want to share with/recommend for me, feel free to put it down. ;)

I have an NES in its box, still in the original plastic, with the promo materials and everything. It's like my most prized possession.

I have a power pad and two games for it - Dance Aerobics and of course the Track and Field one that came with the power pad.

I also have the Game Genie. (Two of them, actually.)

I have too many games to mention, but my all-time favorites are Double Dare, all of the Super Marios, Jaws, Paperboy, Zelda, and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!.

NES = <3

I never truely played the NES, or any Nintendo systems (I was more of a Genesis and PS1 guy), but I do have some fond memories. Mario and Kirby being my favorites from the system.

i love my snes!! i picked it out at toy's r us when i was four. it's one of my fav. systems. my fav. games for it include, any Mario games, final fantasy 2 page master, where in time is Carmon San Diego. and a few others. though it's not from my generation, i still really appreciate the classics.