Gallery Guidance?

emeraldmartini

I can't seem to find the answer in the help section on neopets, so I thought I might ask you neopet players here.

Are galleries on neopets restricted to neo themes only? What I mean by that is, is it okay to create a gallery based on something in the real world, specifically a movie, or is that against the rules?

I have a small Labyrinth gallery (as in the Jim Henson movie from the 80s). I've found neo items that remind me of/relate to the movie. For example, a dream orb to represent the crystal Jareth offers to Sarah ("But if you turn it this way, and look into it, it will show you your dreams"), a Horus petpet to represent the owl Jareth turns into, an infested peach to represent the bewitched peach Sarah eats, and sees a grub or worm or something in it when she awakes from the dream. And so on.

But before I continue working on it, I want to be sure it's not against the rules.

Does anyone have an answer for that?

I can't seem to find the answer in the help section on neopets, so I thought I might ask you neopet players here.

Are galleries on neopets restricted to neo themes only? What I mean by that is, is it okay to create a gallery based on something in the real world, specifically a movie, or is that against the rules?

I have a small Labyrinth gallery (as in the Jim Henson movie from the 80s). I've found neo items that remind me of/relate to the movie. For example, a dream orb to represent the crystal Jareth offers to Sarah ("But if you turn it this way, and look into it, it will show you your dreams"), a Horus petpet to represent the owl Jareth turns into, an infested peach to represent the bewitched peach Sarah eats, and sees a grub or worm or something in it when she awakes from the dream. And so on.

But before I continue working on it, I want to be sure it's not against the rules.

Does anyone have an answer for that?

Judging by Neopets rules, I wouldn't think there's anything bad about that. It isn't inappropriate that I can see, and it's not like you'd have inappropriate stuff on there (seeing as it'd all be Neopets items).

It doesn't break any rules that TNT has published! :laughingsmiley:

It's not against the rules to make something non neopets related but it just can't win the gallery spotlight I believe since all the spotlights and contests have to be neopets related. Also I haven't seen that movie in a while and I love Jim Henson and all his stuff (hence the username :) ) so you have inspired me to go find my DVD and watch again. Let us know when you've finished your gallery, I'd be interested in seeing it :king:

Thank you all for your help.

I do not care about the spotlight, so that's no big deal for me. My gallery will be a work in progress, so I can't see being "done" anytime too soon. I am browsing an item database and compiling a list of things that might be suitable. I'll probably need to re-watch the movie a few more times for ideas too.

Next step for now is figuring out how to design a good layout. I have a premade right now of the lost desert because the city scene reminds me of the goblin city, but I really do need a proper Labyrinth layout to give the gallery it's full effect.

Lots of Neopets items are actually based on real life .. one of the latest was the "double rainbow background" that is inspired by the famous viral video ... so I don't see any problem with having a gallery based on real life ... especially a good PG movie like "Labyrinth" ... lots of people have "Egyptian" themed galleries instead of just calling them "Lost Desert" galleries .... and TNT doesn't mind ..

I totally love this idea .. it's unique and original ........

you'll be needing WHOOTS .. lots of them :D :D

also don't forget the director's slate :yes:

eerrrrr sorry I got carried away .. I'm excited about seeing your galley