Neopets Premium?

Princess_Megan

I keep seeing the ads for the service and a while ago I thought about signing up for it but then sort of forgot about it and just kept playing the usual way. Well now it's back and I've been thinking about signing up for it again but I can't seem to find anything that tells me if it's really worth it or not.

Any of you guys premium users? Is it worth it to have?

What are the advantages? Do you use everything premium offers?

How much different is it from regular neopets?

TDN Premium overview or Sunny Neos Premium Page

Here you can see all the features listed.

I'm premium and for me its worth it - for me the main reason was to get rid of all the adds <<

The Super Shop Wizard is great too =D

So is the Space Faerie Scratch Card.

I can't give an overall verdict on premium, having never tried it myself, but I should point out that it's easy enough to get rid of the ads without premium.

I can't give an overall verdict on premium, having never tried it myself, but I should point out that it's easy enough to get rid of the ads without premium.

Premium is great. It will give you some benefits like:

• No annoying ads --> The website runs way faster --> restocking items is a lot easier and kad feeding will also be easier.
  • You get premium SHH --> most junk and 200np-2500np every 1 or 2 days, but from time to time also rare items. Prices can go from junk to UB. This doesn't happen often though
  • You get the SSW (super shop wizard) --> This will find the cheapest price in all shops. A lot of people use it to snipe for good UB items.
  • You get acces to the premium portal and forum.
  • From time to time you an play games in the beta fase. (like habitarium)

I usually don't pay for games like this, but I wouldn't play without premium ;)

What's SHH?

And how much does Premium cost, anyway?

SHH = Something Has Happened

Price = $8/month and $70/year ($50 in december)

If you would like an invite to neopets premium, you can send me a neomail.

I'm not sure, but I think the $20 discount is still available now!

(It's still on the premium website: http://premium.neopets.com)

I've been a premium member for about 2 years between 2 accounts (my old main and new one). The Super Shop Wizard itself is pretty much worth getting it. Removing ads is awesome, though as people have pointed out, you can do that different ways for free. The weekly scratchcard is kind of cool. I've never won more than 5000 NP on them (that I can remember), but anything extra is cool. The extra "something has happened"'s are nice. I usually win 500-2000 for "winning the lottery" and occasionally an item worth anywhere from a few hundred to 30-40,000NP. A few times, I've also gotten the "you have found a rare item on the floor" events, Getting items worth over 100,000. Still not sure if these are random or if it's dependant on the number of page views on neopets.com. The portal is kind of a handy feature, showing you things like your shop till contents, status of active pet and your most active stocks all on one page for quick reference. The premuim boards are nice because they're not as hopelessly crowded as the main boards and it takes more than a couple of seconds for your topics to be bumped down into obscurity. All in all, if you play neopets enough, I would say its worth it. They have a nice feature where you can try it for (I think) 15 days and if you dont like it, you can cancel without being charged. If your not 100% sure after that, i would reccommend the monthly subscription. This is what I use. You can cancel your subscription whenever you like and its not as big a committment as paying for a year (though the year is cheaper in the long run). I would reccommend at least trying the free trial if you're curious about premium.

• 3 weeks later...

I love premium. I feel like it is the best decision ever I have made on neopets. I have made loads of neopoints using the SWW. I figure $7.99 is not so bad when I use it on something I do everyday. If I wasn't using Premium, I would have spent that extra $7 on another hobby.

I only pay real life money for ONE petsite, and I intend to keep it that way.

The only reason I will donate to this site is because:

1) It's a small community. I know everyone.

2) I am a staff member and good friends with some of the admins/mods and I know the support they get from the users is happily received and used for the site.

3)We have no ads, it pays for the artist's tablets/computer software and the upkeep of the website itself.

4) I'm not paying to be *premium* I am donating and through this, I get monthly pets and items.

5) Donating to the site is purely optional. You get all the perks a normal user would get.