Disheartening Neopoints

Fever

Some of you probably know I'm saving up 13 million Neopoints to purchase a lost desert draik egg; i'm not beating around the bush to get a basic egg and a paintbrush.

Most/all of the lost desert draik eggs that I have seen on the TP have been 13 million Neopoints. I have 980k right now, so, according to my sig, that's a mere 8%!

For the sake of math, let's say I have 1mil. That would mean that I have to earn 12mil yet. If I could manage to earn 45k a day, I could have the draik in 266 days; probably 270ish. but that's not always possible, and especially this month, it's hard because of the many dropped ratios.

Every day, I play a BUNCH of games, I try and do dailies as much as possible, but I don't always have time for the extra like, 4 or 5k. I can't do KeyQuest unless I can use my mom's laptop (my laptop is only two years old, and it hates KQ, and KQ hates it xD).

Any suggestions for how to earn 45k+ per day, somewhat quickly, or more? Any suggestions for my insane quest of 12million NP?

Also, do you think many people would drop their LDDE price from 13mil to 11mil, or even just 12? That would be a significant deal :P

Unless one of your close friend is selling an egg... you probably won't get a discount.

Restocking?

Stock Market?

Reselling?

Restocking is not as hard as it seems, but you need a decent speed internet or to try when less people are online (Early in the morning, late at night).

Stock Market is pretty easy, but takes patience. The principle is that daily, you buy 1000 shares of a ticket that is at 15NP, and then you resell when you have made a profit. Personally, I hold on my stocks until I have made 300% profit.

Reselling is yet another art, but it takes some NPs to get started on that. Basically, you buy for low some harder to sell items, and sell them for a nice profit.

Stocks stocks stocks! And food club, although your account isn't really old enough to get the full benefit of doing Food Club.

But anyways yeah, definitely stocks. Invest 15k a day into 1000 shares of a stock at 15, and then just do that every day. Build up your portfolio, and sell when stocks hit 60 for a 4x return :D

I'm currently waiting for my 4k shares of SMUG to hit 60. Currently it's at 50, which is a return of 200k on an initial investment of 60k, but I want more :)

Restocking is good too, if you have the patience/time/speed for it ^.^

You might be able to get a LD egg for 12.5M, but currently any less is pushing the market :/

Good luck, hope that helps! ^.^

Stocks stocks stocks! And food club, although your account isn't really old enough to get the full benefit of doing Food Club.

But anyways yeah, definitely stocks. Invest 15k a day into 1000 shares of a stock at 15, and then just do that every day. Build up your portfolio, and sell when stocks hit 60 for a 4x return :D

I'm currently waiting for my 4k shares of SMUG to hit 60. Currently it's at 50, which is a return of 200k on an initial investment of 60k, but I want more :)

You might be able to get a LD egg for 12.5M, but currently any less is pushing the market :/

15k a day.. Got it! Any stocks that usually do better than others? or is it totally random? O.o

Noice! That's a pretty good return.. I think that'll really help speed along the process!! :D

Hehe, Restocking is painful. My internet is fast enough for it, I just am always worried about spending too much on an item that nobody else would buy for a price big enough to get a profit :P

It really did! Thanks :DD

[quoting xepha here]

Unless one of your close friend is selling an egg... you probably won't get a discount.

Restocking?

Stock Market?

Reselling?

Restocking is not as hard as it seems, but you need a decent speed internet or to try when less people are online (Early in the morning, late at night).

Stock Market is pretty easy, but takes patience. The principle is that daily, you buy 1000 shares of a ticket that is at 15NP, and then you resell when you have made a profit. Personally, I hold on my stocks until I have made 300% profit.

Reselling is yet another art, but it takes some NPs to get started on that. Basically, you buy for low some harder to sell items, and sell them for a nice profit. [not quoting]

Hehe, it'd be cool if someone was though, lol!

Is there a trick to RSing better items? I hate it when I get the items that are worth like, nothing. Like that Gallion comic :P

I do like the stock market.. I should make sure to do that every day now :P

I'll have to look at a good reselling guide.. I forgot about that! Thanks :D

15k a day.. Got it! Any stocks that usually do better than others? or is it totally random? O.o

Noice! That's a pretty good return.. I think that'll really help speed along the process!! :D

Hehe, Restocking is painful. My internet is fast enough for it, I just am always worried about spending too much on an item that nobody else would buy for a price big enough to get a profit :P

It really did! Thanks :DD

Hmm. I think it's completely random, but the Neodaq has a report card where stocks are graded on how often they hit a sell point of 45. So that might help. :)

I started buying stocks in August, and have bought every day since. I currently have 1.75M invested, and have gotten a return (so far) of 761,845 nps. So I wouldn't say it's fast, but if you buy at 15 and sell at...higher than that, you'll always make a profit, and for doing pretty much nothing! :D

Ugh agreed. I dislike restocking greatly. I saw a Kacheek Pyjama Cap once and almost cried in frustration when I missed (obv) I would hate to be restocking, and see something like a BGC or a draik/krawk MP and miss that too :/

That report card is awesome! I know it's a bit more expensive but I gave in and bought some TNPT because the card said it's usually a pretty good stock (A+).

WOW. That's still a really good return for investment :O

I hate RSing.. It's a pain, but at this point I'll do anything to get a buck on Neopets, well almost.

AW! That must've been horrible! I gave up on RSing at the AAA on my side for that exact reason. If there was a desert draik egg and I missed it, I'd just cry. Even if I missed a normal basic draik egg :P

Do you know of any good guides for RSing tips, like, item selection wise?

Noo don't do that!! :( Only buy at 15, because it's the lowest you can go. Trust me, stocks will go up and down, and all will hit 15 eventually

No idea. I'm terrible at RSing. xD I've never restocked anything good. so yeah :P

Well some type of items are better to get... and Half Price Day is on the 3rd of every month.

What I suggest it that you select 1 to 5 shops where you think you can actually get an 1-3 items per restock. Obviously, some shops sell really fast, such as Kauvara Magic. But others are slower, such as furniture store. After selecting your shops, open them in different tabs and start to refresh every 10-15 seconds. When it restocks the first time, don't try to buy anything. Instead, take a look at what has restocked and check for the values on the Shop Wizard. It's really important that you know the low end inventory that restock in the shops of your choices.

Example:

Neopian Post Office (the stamp shop).

I see this item :

sta_crystalapple.gif

Everlasting Crystal Apple Stamp

2 in stock

Cost: 1,927 NP

Now, I already know that stamp is bad because it's a key quest prize, but let's pretend that I didn't know.

A search on the Shop Wizard tells me that it's worth 1np.

After observing for a few restocks, you should have a good idea of the junk items of a given shop.

Hm... do you do well at food club? I've come out more or less even from there, so I kinda gave up on it.

I do stocks too, and I was working on restocking before I got busy. If it's overwhelming, you may even want to start with 2 or 3 shops to get used to it at first.

That report card is awesome! I know it's a bit more expensive but I gave in and bought some TNPT because the card said it's usually a pretty good stock (A+).

WOW. That's still a really good return for investment :O

I hate RSing.. It's a pain, but at this point I'll do anything to get a buck on Neopets, well almost.

AW! That must've been horrible! I gave up on RSing at the AAA on my side for that exact reason. If there was a desert draik egg and I missed it, I'd just cry. Even if I missed a normal basic draik egg :P

Do you know of any good guides for RSing tips, like, item selection wise?

that report card is nothing but some no-need-to-know-statistic... i mean its nice to know but it shouldn't be the thing making u pick ur stock... using the stock market is so easy... use this law always: buy at 15 and decide on ur sell price.. if u want to make money fast u can even sell the stock at 30... if u want better profit and dont care to wait then wait for it to reach 60...

at the start when i just started playing neopets i restock books... thous where pretty good sellers after that i used the stock market... at the start i sold when it hit 30 (100% profit) after that i sold when it hit 45 (200% profit) and now im waiting for it to hit 60 (300% profit) but it does require u to wait longer...

do the math urself :)

so when is the static page nice? when u got 2 stocks at 15 then u can choose the one with the better ranking if it makes u feel better... but i do believe it is completely random so i just flip a coin lol..

Noo don't do that!! :( Only buy at 15, because it's the lowest you can go. Trust me, stocks will go up and down, and all will hit 15 eventually

No idea. I'm terrible at RSing. xD I've never restocked anything good. so yeah :P

Tehe.. xD

Good point.. I'll start waiting more and work on patience, haha.

I've restocked a couple decent things, like I got a really rare helmet but nobody's bought it. I might just keep it for whatever pet I get as a BD pet, haha.

Well some type of items are better to get... and Half Price Day is on the 3rd of every month.

What I suggest it that you select 1 to 5 shops where you think you can actually get an 1-3 items per restock. Obviously, some shops sell really fast, such as Kauvara Magic. But others are slower, such as furniture store. After selecting your shops, open them in different tabs and start to refresh every 10-15 seconds. When it restocks the first time, don't try to buy anything. Instead, take a look at what has restocked and check for the values on the Shop Wizard. It's really important that you know the low end inventory that restock in the shops of your choices.

Example:

Neopian Post Office (the stamp shop).

I see this item :

sta_crystalapple.gif

Everlasting Crystal Apple Stamp

2 in stock

Cost: 1,927 NP

Now, I already know that stamp is bad because it's a key quest prize, but let's pretend that I didn't know.

A search on the Shop Wizard tells me that it's worth 1np.

After observing for a few restocks, you should have a good idea of the junk items of a given shop.

that's a good idea! Then I can just kinda camp out at the shops and keep my eyes out for the better stuff that pops out.. Right? Thanks! :D

Tehe.. xD

Good point.. I'll start waiting more and work on patience, haha.

I've restocked a couple decent things, like I got a really rare helmet but nobody's bought it. I might just keep it for whatever pet I get as a BD pet, haha.

that's a good idea! Then I can just kinda camp out at the shops and keep my eyes out for the better stuff that pops out.. Right? Thanks! :D

Yes, the whole point is to camp at shop until good stuff restocks. So it's about knowing your junk.

For instance, I know that in general a clothe item that contains a species name is wearable... so generally good. But shoes tend to go for less than shirt or dress... But some species items are still worthless and shouldn't be restocked such as the Kauboy Badge. The same logic goes for some stamps. You have to know which ones are bad to get. You might buy a bad item by mistake once, but I bet next time it shows up, you will remember that it was bad.

Hm... do you do well at food club? I've come out more or less even from there, so I kinda gave up on it.

I do stocks too, and I was working on restocking before I got busy. If it's overwhelming, you may even want to start with 2 or 3 shops to get used to it at first.

I follow the bets on Jamila's page and after about a month of steady betting I'm about 300k ahead of what I put in. So a decent profit. But it's all a gamble, so some months are worse than others. It's just how it goes. Yesterday I made about 120k profit, today I lost about 20k. But I still came out ahead. :)

I restock for fun more than profit. I just don't have the patience for it xD

Yes, the whole point is to camp at shop until good stuff restocks. So it's about knowing your junk.

For instance, I know that in general a clothe item that contains a species name is wearable... so generally good. But shoes tend to go for less than shirt or dress... But some species items are still worthless and shouldn't be restocked such as the Kauboy Badge. The same logic goes for some stamps. You have to know which ones are bad to get. You might buy a bad item by mistake once, but I bet next time it shows up, you will remember that it was bad.

Yeah. I'd say I could write down the junk, but I don't know if that'd be fast enough.

Very true. Thanks again! :D

I follow the bets on Jamila's page and after about a month of steady betting I'm about 300k ahead of what I put in. So a decent profit. But it's all a gamble, so some months are worse than others. It's just how it goes. Yesterday I made about 120k profit, today I lost about 20k. But I still came out ahead. :)

I restock for fun more than profit. I just don't have the patience for it xD

Jamila's page? O.o I'm so confused haha.

I wonder if poogle races are worth it? I missed them for a while and I'm happy they came back. Any way of making a profit is A-Okay with me xD

--

I also already bought my 15k worth of stocks today! SWNC is at 15 NP and has an A+ ranking on Neodaq's report card. Yay!

Jamila's page? O.o I'm so confused haha.

http://www.neopets.com/~Jamila233

Pretty good FC bets, generally see a profit from month to month. Plus, she tells you when the day is risky, and when you shouldn't bet. :D

haha yeah I should have clarified, sorry xDDDDD

Your account is kinda youngish though, so I wouldn't really recommend it. You won't be able to bet as much, and thus not make as big a profit. :/

Even my account doesn't really make the big NPs, and it's almost 5 years old :P

lol! It's no problem XD

That's a good point.. I'll still try it out though, even a slight profit is a good thing :P

Does anyone have suggestions for the best place to restock? I like going to the igloo, but is there anywhere else? (besides the AAA)

I usually stock at stamps, collectible coins, Lost Desert books, books, and the attic along with the igloo.

I used to stock at collectible cards, which sold really well for even the commons, but the lack of Fairieland and the quests really depressed the market. I'd wait about two months after quests start up again to even try.

And have you finished the Altador plot yet? yes, usually it's a worthless daily, but I get neopoints often enough that I keep doing it.

As has been said, stocks are a really good way to go. I earn quite a bit each day from them (though sometimes I get nothing for a week or more).

Also, I've had a lot of success playing a lot of the HTML games - the page refreshes have sometimes brought up interesting rare events and given me some rare items. You could also try the games of luck - but as always there is only a chance it'll help.

Good luck with your quest - you'll get there eventually!

I started playing Key Quest one month ago, and I've made 500K so far! The trick is to play 5-Key games with only one other person- You're guaranteed at least a silver key, if not a gold one! Some of my friends have gotten paintbrushes, though I haven't been so lucky... But I get rare Neggs and codestones all the time! The best way to do it is to play with a Neofriend whom you know won't "rage quit", haha!

You probably know the prices better than me but-wouldn't it be cheaper if you got the cheapest Draik egg then painted him/her Desert?

Right now, the asking price for Desert Draik Eggs on the TP is 13 million. Though there's no price for basics up right now (The one Green one, doesn't have a price.) I paid 12 million for a Blue one, a couple months ago. So the only way it'd be cheaper, at least right now, is if basic Draik Eggs were selling for about 10-10.5 million. (LD PBs are selling for roughly 2.5 million right now.) I've heard of people getting them for that, but it's not common right now. Most want 11-12.

Ah, I see. The Green Draik Eggs on auction are ~12 million as well.

Wow, LD PBs have deflated in price-might need to decide whether I want one before it inflates again :D!

Edit: Uh oh. The only ones I like are the Lutari and Krawk-time to start saving for a sky-high goal?