Comics remind me of Tamora Pierce

Seatofkings

Yes! I didn't think of that until you said it, but now it definitely reminds me of that. Though, there's a big difference between being a knight and a guard.

I liked how in the books they went more in-depth about how they got things done. In the comics it's all "*SHIZAM!* It's done!", whereas the books actually mention the spy network and training, etc. I know there isn't much opportunity for extra stuff, seeing as how it's a rather rushed comic instead of a series of novels, but still. The only time Hanso is asked how he did something, he just says "I hung out with the right crowd" and there's a cool image of him waving his cloak in a presumably magical way.

Have you read the Beka Cooper series? I think there's more room for comparison there, even though Beka has some magic and Brynn doesn't.

Tamora > TNT when it comes to stories.

The only similarity I see is the fact that both Hanso and George are thieves. Alanna and Brynn are nothing alike other than the redheadedness and the fact that they both own swords. I find it difficult to compare short little plot comics to an entire quartet of books.

Well, yes, it's certainly true that we don't have much to compare. I don't know, though. Since there isn't much development of Brynn's character at all, it's somewhat difficult to know how the two would match up.

However, the way they perform within the milieu of their story is certainly different. Alanna's main function is as a female striving to be a respected protector of people in a patriarchal world. Brynn has seemed to be only a side kick to Hanso, up to this point. Just a pretty face to create a cute love story.

This is why I think Beka's a much more apt comparison.

• 1 month later...

Their occupations, maybe. But I think their characteristics are not similar at all.

Beside, I don't like Brynn at all, while Alana is one of my favorite heroine.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.