Will I get frozen if I consolidate my accounts?

Serenity

I just recently got back into neopets, but I originally did have an account 9 years ago. I completely forgot the password and username, so I just started a new account instead of going back to that one. Now I found my old account by searching for it, and I remembered the password when I saw the username, but I like my new account and pets better. I want to transfer all my neopoints to my new account and close down the old one, but I'm afraid I'll get frozen for making money on side accounts or something else. But I haven't made any money on the old account in at least 8 years... it's all just been sitting there. And the amount is under 100k because I didn't really play for very long back then.

tl;dr My question is:

If I transfer all my neopoints from my old account to my new one, then pound my rarest pet (a faerie lupe... I can transfer her to someone if they want her) so someone else will take better care of her, then close the account, will my new account get frozen for the neopoint transfer? Or some other rules violation I don't know about? Will neopets think I hacked my own account?

Nah, you don't need to worry. Switching main accounts is extremely common. :)

But, as long as you're not over the 5 account limit (one main, four side accounts) you can totally keep that account open :)

There are many perks that your 9 year old account can experience, too, that you will have to wait months or years to experience.

It's perfectly acceptable to switch main accounts. You don't have to pound your old pets either. Just transfer everything that you want and treat your new account as the main account, meaning no dailies on your old account, close down your shop, do not play any more games on it, and most importantly, do NOT make nps on your old account. You can still keep the old account as a side, but just make sure that you only have ONE main account. You may want to stay away from making any nps during the first few days after the transfer.

Source: Neopian Times Editorial #264, 6th question, if I counted correctly.

No, you shouldn't get frozen for that. Since the account hasn't been used (no dailies collected, store being stocked, etc.) in so long it has become the side account and neopets actually recommends using sides for storage and such. So, go ahead and use the trading post to send over your points and all should work out. :)

And, if you do plan on pounding the pet, I'm interested.