ch 16 is out now

travash

That was really inconsiderate to subtitle your thread with a plot spoiler. <_<

Personally, I'm looking forward to the plot continuing.

That was really inconsiderate to subtitle your thread with a plot spoiler. <_<

I agree.

Anyway, no. The faeries are still petrified. This isn't the end. They've got to unfreeze the faeries, and I figure that will probably also unfreeze Hanso and Xandra. She'll probably end up in the cell Hanso used to get out of. :)

I figure that, since Brynn was all "But I l[ove you]!" to Hanso, he's got to be unfrozen.

Part of me thinks it would be pretty amazing if Hanso and Xandra didn't get unpetrified in the end. I like bittersweet endings. And Hanso would make a pretty cool statue. I think that his life getting sacrificed in a permanent tribute to saving Faerieland would not be a terrible fate for him.

Part of me thinks it would be pretty amazing if Hanso and Xandra didn't get unpetrified in the end. I like bittersweet endings. And Hanso would make a pretty cool statue. I think that his life getting sacrificed in a permanent tribute to saving Faerieland would not be a terrible fate for him.

That would be AWESOME. And now that they've done this, I'm bitter that they haven't done it properly. Properly would have been to wait until after everything seemed resolved, with Faeries and leaders of Neopia standing round looking smug, and Xandra being held back by some burly guards, and then somehow zomg she wriggles free for one last attempt at her evil plan and THEN Hanso does what he just did and so on, , and wouldn't you know it, there was only one dose of the restorative potion/magic/whatever and that was just used on the others. THAT would have been how to do it properly. And if they were just doing it for the gasp value maybe something sappy like "Brynn's tears and l-[...] restore him" in the next chapter. It would be a huge cliche, sure, but it would have been slightly less painfully predictable than what they've done here.

sorry for the subtitle thing guys, and i do think hanso would make a good martyr in this situation!

I'm pretty sure Brynn will find a way to get Hanso back BUT it would be much more of a shocker to have him permanently turned into stone.

OR BETTER YET all the stone people are in an opposite dimension or something and Hanso & Xandra are still fighting back there. I dunno :P

I'm pretty sure Brynn will find a way to get Hanso back BUT it would be much more of a shocker to have him permanently turned into stone.

OR BETTER YET all the stone people are in an opposite dimension or something and Hanso & Xandra are still fighting back there. I dunno :P

yeah but your better yet would mean that the plot would continnue, but i think they are trying to finish this up, i do agree though i think hanso should remain a statue. that would give the bitter sweet ending no one is used to which i would enjoy

Yeah, Hanso being petrified and remaining a statue would be cool, and it would be nice to have a martyr for a change instead of "whooo, we got rid of the baddie, everyone lives happily ever after!"... But you know, Hanso IS a thief after all; I mean, he's not the hero type, I don't feel he would actually want to sacrifice himself, even though he's good and everything. While I know it's not up to him and wether he likes being petrified or not, I think TNT will take into account his character and, y'know, let him live and continue his life as a free thief.

Oh, and also, if Xandra and Hanso were to remain statues in the form in which they are now, it would do Hanso absolutely NO justice; he's cowering and Xandra is attacking him. Would Neopians want to remember their hero like this? I don't think so...

I could be wrong, obviously. I'd LOVE for both of them to remain petrified and be a reminder of what has happened (I'm thinking of the statue of the Darkest Faerie now, it would be a similar situation, I guess?), but I just don't see it happening.

I get the feeling that while Hanso wouldn't be the self-sacrificing type most of the time, for Brynn he'd make an exception. After all, he did say to her "and you won't like it", which gives the impression that he had some idea of what was going to happen...

But you're right. It's no noble hero pose he's frozen in, not by a long shot.

Oh, and also, if Xandra and Hanso were to remain statues in the form in which they are now, it would do Hanso absolutely NO justice; he's cowering and Xandra is attacking him. Would Neopians want to remember their hero like this? I don't think so...

I agree. They could have made it work to leave them both as statues if he'd had a heroic pose of stabbing the artifact and Xandra'd just been looking evil, but they won't do it with those poses.

I do think it makes way more sense for him to be left as he is. Brynn would have to give up her post as a guard or he'd have to reform his ways or both, in order to make their relationship work, and Neopets doesn't seem like the place for what looks like a beautiful love story to end in nimic. This way Brynn can have regrets, but move on. Everything works out in a more real-world sort of way.

But...no. He'll be restored. Of course. <_<

Brynn destroying the Xandra statue but leaving the Hanso statue intact might also be interesting.

Don't be surprised if we also get to use the Hanso statue in the same manner as the blue Grundo plushie or Coltzan's Shrine, for daily prizes.

i think hanso will be turned back and there will be some way to keep xandra stone or some such nonsense. i think its gonna be funny when the faeries are turned back and they are like [removed] happended to our city!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not curse in any way. Acronyms of inappropriate words is also not allowed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I hadn't thought of this! I love this idea. I do think that would be a great ending.

That would be AWESOME. And now that they've done this, I'm bitter that they haven't done it properly. Properly would have been to wait until after everything seemed resolved, with Faeries and leaders of Neopia standing round looking smug, and Xandra being held back by some burly guards, and then somehow zomg she wriggles free for one last attempt at her evil plan and THEN Hanso does what he just did and so on, , and wouldn't you know it, there was only one dose of the restorative potion/magic/whatever and that was just used on the others. THAT would have been how to do it properly. And if they were just doing it for the gasp value maybe something sappy like "Brynn's tears and l-[...] restore him" in the next chapter. It would be a huge cliche, sure, but it would have been slightly less painfully predictable than what they've done here.

This would be an awesome ending as well. It would make things definitely more interesting.

Lets hope acid rain isnt a problem in Neopia, or else all the faeries will sort of look like they drank trans potions.

Also, I wonder if the way to turn them back will be one by one, like Aslan on Narnia, so they could just leave Xandra as a statue. And just leave her at the bottom of the ocean. I think she would have the company of another statue at least...