Petpet Laboratory Map

Sofa

I was just wondering if people thought the petpet lab map was worth getting or not? I've been thinking of buying it, but as I'm not that fussed about petpets other than for avatars, I'm not sure. So, good idea, or should I save the np? Thanks!

I think its really fun. There are lots of petpets and tons of colors and overall the petpet map is not that expensive. So I'd say go for it but remember you have to have the regular lab map before you can use the petpet map so that might make it less worth it if you have to buy that since the regular map is going for around 800k right now while I want to say the petpet map set is going for say less than 10K. And you can also get an avatar from it so woot woot for lab maps :woot:

It is definitely worth it! Even though it is only 10k as Wembly mentioned, you can get really expensive petpets from it! I have gotten a ton of gorgeous zaps that were well worth the 10k! I know people who have gotten the Krawk petpet zap from it. Unfortunately, you cannot use the zapped Krawk petpet to get a Krawk. But the Petpet Lab Map is completely worth it! :)

I plan on getting the bits of it I don't yet have once I've got the Secret Lab Map. It's just and extra thing to do, which is nice. Just keep a good stock of cheap petpets to keep zapping. :D

I have a question, though, as we're talking about the Petpet zapper -

Does the petpet you zap have to be attached to the pet that you zap with the main ray, or are the two zappings separate happenings? I ask because the pet I plan on making my lab rat has a Baby Vampire petpet attached, which has been completely retired and if I take it off her, it'll turn into something else. Something else much less awesome, I seem to recall. So I don't want to mess with that petpet at all.

Thanks for the advice :) I think I'll go for it, I've already got the normal lab, so I guess I might as well have both!

From the screenies I've seen you seem to be able to choose the petpet you zap separately from the pet you zap. It would be a bit of a pain otherwise!

I have a question, though, as we're talking about the Petpet zapper -

Does the petpet you zap have to be attached to the pet that you zap with the main ray, or are the two zappings separate happenings?

Nope, you can zap any petpet you wish.

I'm kind of 50/50 on the petpet lab map. I mean, it could be a good thing or a bad thing if you can take the petpet off or not. If you get a petpet you want, then you prolly don't want to take it off. If you have a petpet you don't want, but that you wan't to sell... Well you're out of luck. Although that's a good thing to keep the Meowclops population down; I think.

Right now I am in the process of saving up about 13 million NP for a draik egg, and I'm a tightwad with my NP, so even 10k hurtsm, so at this point in time, I'd say no its not.

It's fun and it's inexpensive so if you want to just see random assortment of petpets, it's cool. If you're trying to get petpet for your permanent pets, though, it's better to just save up and buy the petpet that matches your pet. X)

Pretty much this.

I got mine when I didn't have many of my dream pets or petpets, so I was able to zap every day, and occasionally get something cool. My best petpet zap was a Pirate Candychan, which i still have attached. It's just so cute! But it's all completely random, so if you'd rather not waste your time with temporary petpets, then you're probably better off not getting one. :)

the petpet lab ray gave my main neopet a white weewoo .. which im keeping forever !!!!!!!!

i've had over 100 petpet species/colors changes over 2 years .. and only 1 was a repeat i think ...

so yes ... it's definitely worth it ...

Agreed with Midookami. Personally, I prefer for my Neo's to have permanent petpets. Not only is it cheaper but it might help for avatars in the future. It might be kind of entertaining, but that's really only 365 zaps a year. And you might not ALWAYS get different petpets, and they would never be permanent.

I've had one for a while, and it's been fun, plus there's tons of cheap petpets right now(looking at Altachuck, the tentcal one, or any of the Keyquest prizes). Plus, I didn't even buy a piece, the petpet lab ray is one of the most common random events, if you're searching for those, I'd let it happen.

That said, I didn't really have any dream petpets for mine, so it makes it more fun to see what happens, and the lab only colours are cute.

If you have more Neopoints than you know what to do with, then go for it. If you're looking for some amusement that consists of one possibly different petpet a day, go for it. If you're looking for a permanent petpet and agree that one zap a day isn't worth it, then don't bother. :P