Any Retired Cereals You Liked Eating?

Tedhaun

Do you guys mind if I ask you about retired cereals you liked?

If I were to pick a retired cereal I missed a lot, it ought to be those Cap'n Crunch's Choco Donuts.

chocodonuts.jpg

How about you, any cereals you missed eating?

Oh man, I am a cereal fanatic. Let's see if I can find some pics of my old, now-defunct faves...

NerdsBox.jpg

Nerds cereal

It had two cereal flavors split in half just like a box of Nerds candy. It was good too. Very sugary.

nintendocereal.jpg

Nintendo cereal

The song in the commercial went like ♫ Nintendo, it's for breakfast now! Nintendo, it's a cereal..WOW! ♫

Nut-n-Honey-Cereal.jpg

Nut 'n Honey

This one had a very popular ad campaign. Maybe there's a commercial for it on youtube.

oat.jpg

Cracklin' Oat Bran

Weird, I haven't seen this cereal since the 80s, but apparently they still make it. Good stuff.

I miss cereals they briefly launched here and then stopped having for some reason but still exist in America.

I'll be eternally bitter of the fact that that when I was about 7, Lucky Charms were briefly released in the UK and I saved tokens from the box for a magic colour-change mug, which I NEVER RECEIVED, and then they stopped selling Lucky Charms :( 20 years later I'm still not over it!

Corn Pops I also miss, they were out for about a year here and then sunk without a trace, there are some supermarket brands that are similar but just not the same. :(

I don't know if they still make them, but I can't find them. The Alpha-Bets cereal, with the marshmallow vowels. At Walmart here, they sell the ones without the marshmallows. That was always a favorite of mine, growing up.

I've seen Lucky Charms in a Selfridges Food Hall! They're probably really over-priced though. You should write to the manufacturer and demand your mug...plus compensation for the 20 years of trauma!

Aye, they also have them at a rather awesome shop in London called Cybercandy, but they're likewise WAY overpriced.

Wow, this topic is picking up much more than it did on JellyNeo.

Ontopic, here's another retired cereal no one mentioned Islandberry Crunch yet.

IslandberryCrunch.jpg

Not to mention this one as well, Oreo O's.

post-oreo-os-2.jpg

OREO O'S. Oh man, thank you for posting those, they were amazing.

It's strange to think that a whole generation of kids grew up on solely cereal. It seems to be the first type of food that had marketing directly for kids, which is pretty interesting. 80's and 90's, you were strange. (Even though I was only alive for a year of the 80's, heh.)

Lucky Charms aren't in the UK? Oh man. :( That's not right. That was my childhood.

Do they still make Booberry?